Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be replacing some floor boards in the 70 Torino (hopefully this weekend). Ordered some panels from autokrafters sunday night. My questions are...

The original seam sealer is obviously crumbling apart all over the entire floor section of the car. Including areas I am not gonna be replacing. So obviously I have been cleaning up all the old loose sealer. I have been considering using this to spray on the entire floor section of the car when finished..
http://www.permatex.com/products/au...nterior_trim/auto_Permatex_Rust_Treatment.htm

Thoughts on it? I was considering using por-15 or eastwoods product, but none of that is available locally.

Should I use new seam sealer where the old seam sealer was or will the permatex stuff be enough to cover where the old seems were and not worry about adding new seam sealer. I plan on doing the underside as well with a bed liner spray (similar to whats in the tech articles here). Any opinions on what to use on the underside as well would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
You may want to check with your local NAPA. I've bought seam sealer and POR15 from NAPA.
I used seam sealer on my floor pans after applying primer.

Jet

1 - 2 of 2 Posts