Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i will be converting my falcon futura c-4 column shifter to a floor shifter...the floor shifter is a stock floor shifter from a mustang...i think...
anyhow, my question is this, will i need any additional linkage aside from what is already there...? thanks in advance...

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Column and floor shifters use different selector arms on the transmission. Without pulling the trans apart to change it, the alternative is to use a generic bolt-on selector arm.

David

Your old arm is cut off, and this one bolts-on in whatever position you need it:

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David, thanks...are those available at any parts place...? and, do they have a special name...?

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
It's an aftermarket item by companies such as TCI and B&M.. Your local store could order it, speed shops may stock it, or you can order online. It's just called a shift lever or universal shift lever. Some have lots of holes for options. The same one is used for both C4 and C6 transmissions. Replacing yours with an original lever for floor shift isn't very difficult, but it's often frustrating trying to find the correct original part to put in there.

David

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm curious if this worked out! I'm converting my 68 Torino to factory console/floor shift too and need to know the fix for having a column shift selector with a C4.

Did this work Mista Vista?? I guess I can weld a selector bracket too, but don't know what a floor shift lever is supposed to look like.

Thx.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i ended up going a different direction...i'm staying with the column shifter for now...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts