Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my pulley situation figured out with the stock balancer. Then the UPS man delivered my fluidampr, and I noticed that it was shorter than the stock balancer. Now the crank pulley sits too far back to line up correctly. The engine is a '70s vintage 302. Has anyone else ran into this problems, and how did you fix it. I assume maybe I'll have to get a spacer machined?

Thanks guys
Matt S.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
All of us that have fluid filled dampners have this problem. You will either have to find a spacer for your stock pulley, or order a pulley from March products. Do not use washers as a spacer. I ordered the pulley from March products. At $70 it wasn't cheap but it was underdriven so for $70 I got a underdriven pulley and a solution to my spacing problem. When I pulled it out of the box it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Let me know if you need a part number.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A part number would be great, then I can get things rolling so that I can get this car back on the road. Thanks a billion...

Matt S.

·
Registered
359 Posts
does fluid damper make a zero balance damper for the 5.0 style 4 bolt pulley, I found them for the 3 bolt but the 4 bolt comes in 50 oz

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Hey Matt, sorry been out of town on buss. Part # was 1532. The rep swore to me that it was right. I called 3 times to make sure. Special Orders can't be retured were I bought it. It is a 4 bolt 1 groove pully. I'm out of town until Tuesday again. I'll check back if you have any questions.

Viper, I'm not following your question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts