Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
allright all,

I am nearly finished with my 68 302 rebuild about to be transplanted in a 92 f150, but I have some....challenges

the motor had no flywheel (auto) and the dampner is totally shot. its a 28 oz ext balance. the dampner is not so hard, but the flywheel is throwing me. According to the parts interchange, all 221, 260, 289 ,302's prior to 85 were 28 oz balance.

so i shouldbe able to use a flywheel or dampner from anything from 66-85 as long as the diameter and 3 of teeth are right?

I found one at a local junkyard for 50 bucks, out of a 83 f-250 (302) would that work fine?

p.s. anybody knowif the serpentine setup will swap over ok from a 92 to a 68 block (heard timing cover / water pump slightly different) but sure would like to keep the one belt.

any help much appreciated
thanks
john

·
Registered
625 Posts
You got it right on the flywheel just need to find the same waight and # of teeth for the flywheel. I would look at some parts stores though 50 bucks sounds a little high. As far as the balancer goes there are a few diferences in the balancers other then the waight some locate the pullies diferent so just use your old one as a reference.
As far as the timing cover goes I THINK the only diference is that the newer ones don't have a place for the fuel pump to go but other than that I think they are the same. You will NEED a newer style reverse rotation water pump to use the serpentine setup other then that as long as you have all the other pullies and such it should be pretty easy to do. Hope this helps.
Where in ID are you at?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fordman,

thanks for the reply, sounds like you know what your talking about. I live in Coeur d'alene, how bout you? and do you have a bunch of parts laying around, i might need some of em.

Thanks again for the help, im sure i'll need more before this is all done!
thanks, john

·
Registered
625 Posts
I live in Burley. So you are a ways away from me. I have some stuff laying around but have got rid of most of it when I left my rental shop and finanly built one here at my house. I'm pretty sure I threw away everything you are looking for though. LMAO...
I di have a 351c 4V motor I need to get rif of though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts