Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually wouldnt mention it, but I can hardly post anything without my browser locking up due to bad scripts / ads on the page. Its not a performance issue its bad programming. Its so bad I have to "stop" the page from loading to type (spinning loading wheel).

Its happening on my IE at home and at work. There is always a black box "bad ad" at the right of my screen that flickers....Its a bit annoying, wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same issues.

Took me way to long to type this with all the "locking up" when typing here in the message box.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Me too and I have the best surfing computer on the planet. But FM has been a bucket of schitt today...

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Mine is absolutely fine as usual using Firefox.
Never have annoying ads or pop ups.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Get add blocker for firefox and enjoy the interwebs in peace :)

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Yes, the Add Blocker Plus add-on for Firefox will eliminate most pop-up ads here and on other sites. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Re: FM ads crashing browser, locking up

Agreed - I use Firefox with addons (NoScript, AdAware, Ghostery and TACO) and never get ads of ANY kind, cloud search boxes or anything. Awesome. But, like FE, I have been hit with a bunch of errors like the one below.

Also on a side-note, I have an iPad for work that I use to check here from time-to-time. I cannot get FM to stop a pop-up on EVERY page that they "Have a new iPad app!" I can't get it to go away and I can't DL the app on this company device. GRRRR!!!
:bicker:
David
What's all this about?:

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Speaking of using Firefox with addons, below is a screen shot off my work laptop. It's a bit different on each machine and operating system, but the effect is the same. A huge benefit is drastically improved loading time with the pages not having to retrieve the ads from all over the planet. I don't mind the ads as much as the slow loading time. I also turn the ads on from time-to-time and click on several to give the site some advertising money.

David

Ad-free = FAST:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts