Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's happening again. No thread notifications. I guess my email provider needs another reminder. :bicker: While my provider would seem to be sensitive; I would imagine sites are auto-blacklisted if there is a trigger of some sort. What would that trigger be to cause this to repeatedly happen? I'm looking to solve this problem, rather than have to deal with it endlessly. I'm sure you can relate. ;) Thanks again.

David

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Jack. But, for other reasons I have to use this provider anyway, and I really don't want to have to use two different accounts to get my emails due to this one issue with this one site. My provider has no issues with other legitimate emails from other legitimate sources, so it shouldn't be an issue for FM emails. Thus my question as to the trigger my provider is getting from FM that causes the emails to be blocked.

My provider can reduce 'sensitivity' perhaps, but their filters are working well on everything else just fine. I've asked for a filter exception for FM, but no response from my provider to that. The other and seemingly more reasonable and appropriate option, is to ask what is triggering it in FM emails, and solve that issue. As the Admins of each party can't or won't discuss tech details with me so I can find and pass a solution along - it's up to them to chat then. It shouldn't be a big deal at all, and just needs to be done.

I wonder how many visitors or members never returned because they thought their question or advice was never answered. Hmmm...

David

·
Site Admin
346 Posts
Hello,

Which email provider are you with and can you try adding our email address to your safe senders/contact list?

We sometimes get blacklisted if a member accidentally labels our emails as junk. This tells the email provider that we are spammers and should be blacklisted.

~Kay

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
... Which email provider are you with and can you try adding our email address to your safe senders/contact list? ...
Thanks for replying, Kay. :) This account is through GMX.com, as should be listed in my FMF account here. Please verify that for me. Yes, with GMX.com, I have verified that Ford Muscle Forums, VSOBR.com, and/or Verticalsope is:

• NOT on the Blacklist
  • NOT on the Junk list
  • NOT on the Spam list
  • NOT included in any filters
  • IS on the Whitelist
  • IS on Favorites
I have completely cleared all filter and blacklist rules, to ensure there is nothing stopping them. These rules were already empty. I verified VSOBR.com is (still) on the Whitelist, and has been since the last time this happened.

In the past, this issue was solved when VSOBR sent a un-block request to GMX. However, I am not only after that, but to also prevent it from happening again. So, please do send a request to remove your emails from filters or blacklists, but I also ask that you inquire if they can make their whitelist for you permanent in some fashion.

Thanks for addressing this, Kay.

David

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just bumping this, as I still have no notifications or other emails from FordMuscle, since April 25. Anything I can do on my end?

David

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try adding [email protected] and [email protected] to your email safe list/contacts and see if this helps your notifications com through.

Thank you :)

~ GP community support
Hello Admin - As outlined in post #5, all those addresses are whitelisted (and also included in contacts), and zero are blacklisted for anyone. Still, I added the two specific addresses you stated, as you requested. Perhaps you can send me some test emails to see what happens to them? Also, has GMX responded to your inquiries?

Thanks!
David

·
Site Admin
346 Posts
We've sent an unblock request to @gmx.com but even though we check to see if they have emailed us a reply every few days there's still nothing from them.

@gmx.net keep redflagging our emails so we've sent in another request.

I do apologize for the inconvenience.

~Kay

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's working! :D I guess your last request did it, and they just streamed-in. Odd, that there are 3 days of FM emails that came through, so they were holding them at some level, and released them to me now. Thanks for staying on it.

David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts