Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what size the bolts are that connect the bellhousing of an fmx to the transmission itself are? yes i searched on here and through google. i could not come up with any sizes. just people selling them on ebay for way to much.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
It's been a while but they are either 7/16 or 3/8.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright ill buy one of each and see which one fits

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Don't you have some bolts laying around so you can check?

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
Speaking of that, you can make a double-duty tool set. Get one of each typical size bolt and grind a good slot or two up the side through the threads (like a thread tap). Now you have a bolt gauge and a thread cleaning tool in one for each size. :tup:

David

Thread cleaners as from Summit, but you can make your own for pennies:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a c4 as well, tomorrow i will take them out of that and see if they are the same size. maybe ill get lucky

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Once you know the thread size measure the length and go down to the local hardware or TSC store and get some bolts. Should only be 4 bolts.

·
Registered
861 Posts
does anyone know what size the bolts are that connect the bellhousing of an fmx to the transmission itself are? Yes i searched on here and through google. I could not come up with any sizes. Just people selling them on ebay for way to much.
7/16 nc.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Once you know the thread size measure the length and go down to the local hardware or TSC store and get some bolts. Should only be 4 bolts.
yea thats the plan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts