Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody I have a 1968 galaxie xl fastback with the 390fe and the fmx trans. ive gone through about four starters this week, so i inspected my relatively new flexplate and discovered that its teeth have worn down, probably from cranking to get it started again after installing the new four barrel. my question is, Does anybody know where i can get an FMX flexplate for the 390fe? I know that the c6 is similar but the depth is wrong and would destroy the pump. Also is the FMX flexplate from a 351 mustang with the FMX compatible with the 390? Any information would be appreciated. thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
In a nut shell yes.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Also is the FMX flexplate from a 351 mustang with the FMX compatible with the 390? Any information would be appreciated. thanks in advance
No.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Yes, but ive had a few people send me links to what they thought was compatible thanks again for the link your a life saver
Listen, it is always best to research something like this yourself. ATP is the leading aftermarket AT vendor out there. Quality products. You can check your application on their site or ask the part seller to make sure it is the correct PN.

I have found Parts Geek to have a wide variety of quality parts, cheap and the shipping is fast.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya i know what you mean about research, i have been looking for this flexplate for a few weeks now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts