Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FMX is toast and I have a fresh C4 on the bench for another project.

Will a 164 tooth flexplate work on the small, pan fill style, C4?

I also have a case fill C4 but the trans needs rebuilt, can I swap bell-housings, if I need to use a 164 tooth flexplate?

Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
440 Posts

I also have a case fill C4 but the trans needs rebuilt, can I swap bell-housings, if I need to use a 164 tooth flexplate?

Thanks, Joe
i dont know the answer to any of your questions. but i do have a parts c4 sitting in my garage. and i have a torque converter and flexplate for it as well. im actually going form a c4 to a fmx. maybe we can do a little bit of trading? you will also need to change the slip yoke on the driveshaft.

if you are interested this is what i need...

slip yoke for fmx
torque converter for fmx

i could trade you my slip yoke for yours, and also my torque converter for yours, and well if you are cool with those 2 trades ill even throw in the flex plate for free

let me know

ps...i even have a pan gasket/filter and rear seal for a c4 that i can throw in to swettin up the deal

·
Registered
347 Posts

Thanks, Joe
Most pan fill C4s were stock with 164T flexplates. The case fill bell will work on the pan fill, but not vice versa.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, worked all day yesterday, and then pulled my motor today.

You dont want my torque conv, it is full of metal shavings, I am sure.

I will sell you the yoke but it might be a couple of weeks as I have to fly out to install some telecomm equip in the morning.

I already have what I need...

Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
241 Posts
Im going from a FMX to a C-4 soon. I need the slip yolk you have/had. I have a trans and converter lined up that i am buying for sure. But, id be willing to trade my complete, working FMX and torque converter and slip yolk for your complete c4 set up.
i dont know the answer to any of your questions. but i do have a parts c4 sitting in my garage. and i have a torque converter and flexplate for it as well. im actually going form a c4 to a fmx. maybe we can do a little bit of trading? you will also need to change the slip yoke on the driveshaft.

if you are interested this is what i need...

slip yoke for fmx
torque converter for fmx

i could trade you my slip yoke for yours, and also my torque converter for yours, and well if you are cool with those 2 trades ill even throw in the flex plate for free

let me know

ps...i even have a pan gasket/filter and rear seal for a c4 that i can throw in to swettin up the deal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts