Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Once again Ford teases us in the US by launching killer vehicles abroad. The Ford Focus RS500 is a beast. The turbocharged 2.5L 5-cylinder pumps out 345 horsepower and 339 lb.ft. of torque. It has a top speed of 165mph and gets to 100kmh in 5.4 seconds (that's 0-to-62mph for you non-metric guys.)

Only 500 are being produced, and they are allocated in even-smaller quantities to various European countries. You can track which countries got 'em and how many are still available at Ford Focus RS500 click on "The Map." At the time of this blog only France and Germany had any left. Somehow despite the banking turmoil in Greece, they managed to find buyers for the five (yes 5) cars Ford allocate to that country.

YouTube - Ford Focus RS500 - autocar.co.uk

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
We had (or still might have) a turbo Focus here, and it was definitely the Volvo 5 cylinder. Something similar to the turbo fwd Volvo 850 engine from some years back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
its a Volvo engine - in Norway we think Volvo v50 with same engine and 4x4 is quicker and drives better

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I personally like the Volvo 5 cylinder, so this Focus is appealing... although I wonder what good are those brake lights when they are pointing up at the sky!?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Is it the same platform and engine? If so, I did not know that!
Yes! I saw a European RS at SEMA last November. Same Volvo 5 cyl turbo under the hood. I personally like the styling on the Volvo better. I do know that the Custom Cages homogulation for the Focus RS applies to the Volvo as well.

And we have plenty of rally cars in the states. Gotta look for them a little. Rally America

1 - 10 of 10 Posts