Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my nephews Torino GT Fastback he just picked up.

It's a 302 2-V automatic.

The car is super clean and all original paint and mechanicals.

It's a GT package car with radio delete and manual brakes.

It's got a few dings and small dents but for the most part it's a real nice car.

Here is a picture I took at my house of it.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FX, yes If it were my car that Nascar replica would be a definate possibility!

My nephew who just got this car is sorta new to classic cars in general.

We was over saying he just wanted to keep it stock looking but he wanted to put a couple things on the 302 to make it run 14s.

I told him it would take more than a "couple things" to make a 302 in a Torino run 14s!

I told him that 14s are going to take a good deal of power in that heavy a car,not that a 302 could never do it but a 351-W or bigger would be much better a choice.

I think he does'nt really realize yet that 14s for a street car is pretty fast?

Alot of so called "Musclecars" won't run 14 second quarters.

I'll watch what he does with the car,I don't think he is concerned very much with power yet?

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On 2002-05-06 23:30, dark7068 wrote:
Tom, that's a nice looking car. The 302 will him good for awhile. Just dress it up, paint the engine bay, and he'll have a blast.

Rick
Yea Dark, your correct on that one.

I think money wise he will have to leave it stock for a while? Like you said just paint everything up nice and detail it underhood and it will really make a difference.

I think it's got like 40,000 original miles on it?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
that is a good find. I kinda did some work on my Fairlane's 289 and it runs strong, has a stage 2 kit in the tranny and 3.55 in the rear 8in. That's enough to wake up the 3500 or so pound car. I have drums all around too, and stops perfect for the 289. Anything bigger or faster then I would definately gets front disks.
Here's a full shot of the little 289.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I made the export braces on my car, and also made a monte carlo bar. It helps in corners big time. I modified a spare set of 70 Cougar export braces to tie the towers to the back, and used water pipe for the m.c. bar (I know cheap, but it works) and angle iron shaped for the fender mounts. Worth making for such a big car.
Here's with the monte carlo bar.

Rick

68 Fairlane/70 Cougar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark7068 on 5/7/02 2:56pm ]</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts