Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my 400 that I rebuilt and blueprinted to better than factory standards. I built this engine for my 1976 Gran Torino and plans changed this year to go with AOD transmission, so I had to switch to getting a 351W crate engine. This engine is crated with all accessories, shrink-wrapped and ready to go. I need it out of my garage by end of December.

This engine is perfect fit for 60's - 70's Mustang, Torino, LTD, Bronco, F100, Fairlane, Montego, Ranchero and likely several others.

See detailed info & specs below. Asking $4K + shipping (OBO).

BLOCK: Casting # D7TE-A2B. The block only needed to be honed to .020" over, we installed NEW cast aluminum pistons, pins and rings from Sealed Power. We put the block in the hot tank after cylinder honing, line honing the main bore, and every other step of the process in order to ensure there was no particle contamination. We also smoothed out all sharp edges after cylinder honing and line honing. Block was primed and painted Dark Ford Blue prior to assembly.

CONNECTING RODS: connecting rods were shot peened, caps were slightly cut and reinstalled so we could hone to spec. Rods were also ground and properly balanced. NEW Pioneer rod bolts installed.

CRANKSHAFT: Casting # 5MAB, 400 stroker crank. Crankshaft was inspected on Magnaflux machine with black light for cracks and imperfections. Crank main and rod journals were also professionally ground to .030" under, that crank was stout enough and did not need to be re-nitrided. Crank was also professionally straightened and balanced with the NEW flex plate and NEW Engine Pro harmonic balancer that I have included in the crate. NEW Sealed Power .030" over main & rod bearings were installed. Caps were cut and honed back to original spec. NEW rear main seal installed with slight offset to prevent leakage.

I have also included a separate spare crankshaft in the crate. This crankshaft only needed to be ground to .010" under, by the same shop. Moisture had gotten to this crank over the years, so will need to be media blasted and maybe even re-ground.

CAMSHAFT: NEW cam, stock specs, from Comp Cams. Was also checked for straightness and NEW Sealed Power cam bearings were ground for cam to fit.

CYLINDER HEADS: cleaned, hot tanked several times throughout rebuild process. Installed NEW bronze liners on all valve guides. All valve seats were ground to spec, only one seat needed to be replaced. All NEW Comp Springs and Sealed Power valves an retainers. Installed stem & spring height specs are on papers that I have packed in the crate. Heads also re-surfaced to ensure straightness. Heads were installed with NEW Fel Pro gaskets, NEW Fel Pro cylinder head alignment dowels and NEW Pioneer head bolts that were SEQUENCED CORRECTLY and torqued to spec. Heads were primed and painted Dark Ford Blue prior to assembly.

LIFTERS: Lifter bores were dingle balll honed and cleaned.NEW hydraulic lifters installed, Engine Pro.

PUSH RODS & ROCKER ARMS:
these were cleaned up and re-installed. Rods were checked for straightness.

TIMING: NEW stock spec timing chain & sprockets from Engine Pro were installed.

CORE & GALLEY PLUGS: all NEW galley plugs came with Fel Pro rebuild kit, used Red Loctite and tightened. We opted to upgrade to deep core plugs since the water jackets were large enough and the plugs that came with the kit were too shallow. The rear core plug covering the camshaft still needs to be installed.

OIL PAN: NEW Milodon oil pan. Exterior of pan was bead blasted and painted Ford Blue. You will need to install a new pan gasket, as black silicone was over-applied in some areas and the gasket did not seat correctly.

OIL PUMP: NEW oil pump, primed prior to installation. New oil pick-up screen was installed correctly with correct clearance from screen to pan.

ASSEMBLY LUBE APPLIED ON FOLLOWING: cylinder bores, lifter bores.

Also included in crate:

ACCESSORY BRACKETS & HARDWARE: all brackets included, were sandblasted and powder coated Satin Black or Dark Ford Blue. Bolts and other hardware were sandblasted and coated with black zinc. Most fasteners are there, some may need to be added.

OEM FORD VALVE COVERS: sandblasted and powder coated Dark Ford Blue.

OEM FORD EXHAUST MANIFOLDS: sandblasted and coated in black zinc, no cracks.

NEW AIR CLEANER UNIT: From my 351 W build, unused.

NEW WATER PUMP:
primed & painted Dark Ford Blue

NEW THERMOSTAT: Stant

NEW FUEL PUMP: primed & pained Dark Ford Blue.

NEW STARTER MOTOR

NEW A/C COMPRESSOR & CLUTCH/PULLEY ASSEMBLY:
Four Seasons, York style compressor.

NEW A/C BELT: Gates

NEW MOTOR MOUNTS:
Pioneer

NEW DISTRIBUTOR & IGNITION COIL: Pertronix Flame Thrower

NEW SPARK PLUGS: Motorcraft

NEW PLUG WIRES: MSD Blue

NEW MOUNTING STUD & WING NUT FOR AIR CLEANER: Summit

NEW 4 BARREL INTAKE MANIFOLD W/ EGR, NEW 4 BARREL SPACER, NEW MOUNTING HARDWARE/FASTENERS: Edelbrock 3771

ALL REMAINING NEW GASKETS (Fel Pro): water pump, fuel pump, valve cover, intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, etc.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts