Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two shows coming up in Spanaway if anyone is interested that lives in the area. I'll be at both. The Sprinker show is rain or shine, i'll be there rain or shine.

Grease Monkey oil change on the Sept 22nd (this weekend), located on Pacific Hwy/7 in front of Kmart next to Dairy Queen. I think it starts at 9am. I need to contact them for a time and entry fees.
Grease Monkey
17901 Pacific Ave. South
Spanaway, WA 98387
ph: 253-846-2899

Sprinker Recreation is the big one Sept 29th. Info link below. Last year Ford was out in the parking lot letting people drive the new Focus on a marked track to see how fast you could go. A waiver needed to be signed to not sue them but you could drive any speed you wanted and if it rolled, no big deal. A buddy of mine had to try it out. He had a better time the first time round. He said it was a blast. Don't know if they will be there this year or not, this is only my second time going, the first time i was a spectator.

Event

This is off Military Road in Spanaway, C street is the adjoining street. It's near Goodwill and O'Reillys kinda.

Sprinker Recreation Center Fields
14824 South C Street
Tacoma, WA 98444

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Talked to a buddy last night that stopped by to say hi. He has a shoot forgot the year, 64ish fairlane and a '67 camaro convertible with no top, yellow door and bad paint, i like it. He said i wouldn't after it was painted probably and i said nope, then it will be just like the rest of them! lol He might meet me to go to the Sprinker show on the 29th. The fairlane's front end is so bad it's scary to drive and he and his old school buddy trying to recapture their youth messed up 1st and 2nd in the camaro. He said maybe he could try to limp it in. I offered to tow it in for him! ;) I couldn't resist!

In order to park next to a friend you have to arrive at the same time so hopefully he makes it in whatever he decides to drive and get in touch with the '57 belair friends and we can all be next to each other. Don't know why but i just can't seem to make friends with any of the ford people. I suppose Gary with a ford and chev can count though. He's just confused. :) Maybe the ford people are worried the dent will rub off on theirs. lol

Anyone going to make it to the show, spectating or entering?

I actually waxed the shotrod and last night with the sun shining on the side i could see where i missed spots. Can't see it without the sun on it but sure can tell how badly it needed waxed even though it still looked nice and shiny! Gonna have to fix that as it's bugging me now. I had 2 pads for the buffer that were torn and one good one, was rushing trying to get all the wax on before the pads flew apart which is probably how i screwed up in the narrow area on the fender above the trim. Looked like i was doing one of my dads wax jobs, just the top of the car!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sorry Deb, but I have other plans for both weekends so I can't make it to either show. If there are any shows this sunday, I may be able to make it in the afternoon.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sprinker show i think is the last big one in this area on the 29th. But there is one or 2 orting shows coming up for halloween and one here for halloween, i just have to get the dates yet. Thinking bout checking out the orting halloween show, heard it's really good. Everyone brings candy for the kids there i think and i know they do at the one here.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The show had a fairly good turn out and free or donation hotdogs and water, even had a bucket of yummy hershey's chocolate. Also for the day it was half off oil changes, was wishing my son was awake, he could of taken the truck in.

The biggest surprise was there was another red 64 galaxie there and i parked next to it. The next one was i got favorite under construction. :)

Only issue i had with the '64 next to me is i wanted to attack it with rubbing compound and get rid of all the purple spots, but that would take me a couple days!! Mine looked almost as bad after sitting for years and i have a few now from dog slobbers and whatever else triggers those spots in the paint. Must be a rangoon red trait.

The Gal 500 got the distance award- 100 miles, he was from Longview, i got under construction and my friends in the 57 got best paint. I told them i keep following them around cause i think it's the sun. The camera doesn't translate just how bright that yellow is!!

These are the spots. They don't just come from bird poop either.
64fordpurplespots.jpg

My favorite truck there
JobsShowFordPickup1.jpg

This stang was different with the purple hearts in the seats, didn't get a real good pic of the actual hearts though.
JSpurpleheart1.jpg
JSpurpleheart5.jpg

JobsShowTrio.jpg
JobsShow64galaxiee.jpg
JobsShow64galaxie2.jpg
JobsShow64galaxie3engine - Copy.jpg
JobsShow64galaxie4.jpg
JobsShow64gals2.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts