Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
LOVE it! Post more pix, please. With that rail in the back, it kind of looks like it was a flower car at one time.

Steve

GT-E
64 Galaxie 500
66 Mustang pony convertible

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Steve, when we originally bought the car around 30 years ago it was used for our company to lugg stainless tube around. It still has bolt on stainless steel racks so it can carry 20ft lenghs of steel. The rails are just there so you can tie stuff down. It has airbags in the rear to support the weight.
Regards Bret.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forrgot to mention it originally was a sedan cut down only using the original Galaxie panels. Notice the steering is on the correct side LOL and that we had to have different gauges to the original Galaxies in the USA so it could be assembled here at the Ford factory as a RH Drive.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
I LIKE :)

there was a similar one in black primer over at fordforums.com a few years back- is this the same one?

often wondered about something on that gal/ute conversion - Ive read about the 'engineers certificate' required to basically change anything on cars in Australia/New Zealand...how was this Gal converted- or was it prior to regulation/grandfathered in?

nice car...to bad Ford didnt use a Gal as a Ranchero base here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I LIKE :)

there was a similar one in black primer over at fordforums.com a few years back- is this the same one?

often wondered about something on that gal/ute conversion - Ive read about the 'engineers certificate' required to basically change anything on cars in Australia/New Zealand...how was this Gal converted- or was it prior to regulation/grandfathered in?

nice car...to bad Ford didnt use a Gal as a Ranchero base here.
Glad you like it guys. Its not the same one but I think I know the one you will be talking about. I dont belive it made it back onto the road and I havn't seen it for some years now. The red 65 ute I noticed still has pictures listed on this site. I belive It still lives around a two hour drive from our house. In Australia you can still convert cars but it has gotten a lot tuffer and more expensive for the engineers reports so these days its probably not worth the trouble, especially if its a rare car thats not easy to get parts in the first place. I know you can still get a lot of parts for 65/66 over there and I know some parts are just as hard to find as they are here. Bringing the larger parts here is rather expensive if your not wanting a shipping container full. I have had this car in our family now for around 30 odd years. In this time I have collected lots of parts for these models and probablly would have more bits for sedans than anyone else down under. So I get to meet most people that have Galaxies here when there looking for parts.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Glad this post got bumped up so I could see this. Love the Ute!

Years ago I kicked around the idea of making a 64 Ute out of a 64 wagon & grafting some hardtop bits here & there to make it look right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts