Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Ford 289 Heads (C8) rail or non-rail??

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  289nate 
#1 ·
I have a set of C8 289 heads. They have a full 3/8" pressed in stud, they are not bottle necked, they also appear to have a smaller hole for the pushrod. I am getting ready to order valves and rocker arms for these and wondering if they use a rail or non-rail rocker arm.
Thanks,
Chris

#3 ·
Thanks Chris!!!! Well it seems that no one is making the conversion parts, pistons, head gaskets, etc. for the 351C heads on a 302. I couldn't even get in touch with the guy with the intake and adapters. So I was kind of bummed out. I had a great deal going on those heads too. Well I'm looking at cleaning up a set of C8 heads I have they have the smaller combustion chambers look real nice. We'll see I guess. I'l talk to you later.
Take Care,
Chris

#5 ·
Have been running 1.7 to one ratio (non-rail type) roller rockers with a small solid cam since '97. It was my daily driver for about two years after that and not a problem to this day. Could be O.K. since the cam is on the small side.
I agree with what was stated about the pushrod hole in the head being a slot shape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.