Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope it was okay that I used the word Ford, what a crock

I have a 130amp Ford 3G alternator with internal fan and regulator on my 64 Falcon Sprint project 5.0 roller block stroked to 331. I am just finishing up the final wiring and have one issue with some of the info I have read which seem to conflict each other.
I removed the old regulator that was associated with my Generator and have connected and removed everyone that will no longer be of service.
My question is this; The A terminal on the regulator drives a yel/wht wire which ties back into the 6ga blk/yel wire witch goes to the starter solenoid. The S terminal is the wht/blk wire which goes to the stator. The I terminal is the lg/red (light green/ red) wire and one wire diagram I read says it goes to the gauge and another says it goes to the ignition switch. Which is correct?
Can I ground the Alternator to the block or should it go to the chassis?
Also I'm running a small dia. starter can I use the later top bottom solenoid from a later model Mustang or should I have the original styled left right? What is the difference?
Thanks,
Ras Daniel

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
The green/red goes to the ignition switch. The yellow is the sense wire and sould be connected to the main load point (solenoid in this case).

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response Kelly and 1bad6t that puts me at ease.
I also received a diagram from 1bad6t, this diagram is way bettter than the five I already have. I got looped by one saying to wire to the Gen light and the other saying to wire to the switch, this one says one or the other so I asume you wire to the Gen light only if you want to use it as a trouble light instead of watching the volt meter for a problem.
Ras Daniel

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Iethiopian on 6/7/06 4:01am ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts