Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, need some resources ASAP on web sites or anywhere that i can get info on pumping up the old 6cyls. i have a 200 right now where the intake is part of the head. anything i can do with this? any other 6 that bolts right in without mods that has a removable manifold. need some tech on the different 6cyl options.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Yes they are some things that you can do to a 200 I-6. Check out clifford performance. They will have everything that you will need to beef up your six. I believe that it is www.cliffordperformance.com or I can be wrong. If you really want to build an engine and have it be a six cylinder, I would suggest getting a 300 I-6. I hear that you can get 600 horse if you try. I do not know if it would be a drop in affair or not. I hope that gives you enough information to start on. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Try Clifford Performance at www.cliffordperformance.com these guys specialize in 6bangers as well as 4s. I was at an all ford drag about ten years ago and the fastest car there was a t-bucket with a straight six fuel injected.It was running high 7s. There was also a 75 comet running a heavily modified 300 six that was just getting sorted out but he was already in the 10s! These things can be made to run if you'd like to be different.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Try.http://home.cfl.rr.com/mustangsix/ i would swap the 200 for a 250. there a lot better motor and alredy have the V8 bolt paten. so a t5 swap would be a pieces of cake. and they are not hard to find

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do all the US early model 600 motors come with one peice intake/heads or are there any 200/250s that have seperate intakes from the factory?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i've been to that room and it's more than just engine trans plant to put a 300 6cyl. of course replace the weak rear and suspension. and number one the 300 i heavy. it's also alot taller. 300 6cyl parts are alot harder to find.

from what i know you can just swap on a alumium 4 plane manifold to a 400 and gain 50hp. 75hp i think on a single plane manifold. and no to mention put a 400HP nos shot on it. u be running quik.

bud of mine had his brother's 300 6cyl truck whoop on his stocked cleveland.

·
Registered
541 Posts
only the 70-up Aussie heads have a removable intake. so you would have to import one to get that setup. if you go to the links on that mustang six page there are some people that have done it, also i think your looking at $600-800 to import one.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Gotta buddy runnin' a 250 6 in a falcon. Runs mid 14's. I've been trying to talk him into a 300 for years. Seen several 300's in the 10's and 11's. All his parts are from Clifford too.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
the sound of a 600 hp straight six must be hideous! But hey, horsepower is horsepower, no matter how many cylinders you got!

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are a lot of modifications you can do to a 200ci. I imported a head from Australia and made several other modifications. My little six is pushing in the neighborhood of 225 HP. This is a caculated number, but I will be having it dyno'd in the next month or two for actual numbers. I can tell you that a stock small block can't touch it. It has a ton of bottom and mid range torque, and will burn the rubber right of the rims if I keep my foot in it.

If your really serious, swap in a 250ci cross flow from Australia. I am having one shipped over next month for my next project car (undecided as of yet). They will bolt right in using the stock motor mounts. I will be doing the swap sometime this summer and will keep those interested informed of the progress.

A good forum dedicated to Ford inline sixes only is Fordsix.com (there should be a link to the forum, if not let me know and I'll post it).

Pic of motor in "MY CARs"

Later
OzCoupe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OzCoupe on 1/18/02 12:25pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OzCoupe on 1/18/02 12:27pm ]</font>

·
Registered
541 Posts
hey OzCoupe, you should but that 250 cross flow in a truck. like a 64-66 short wheel base, lowered. i think that would be the ticket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts