Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 65 mustang with a 200ci 6 cyl. i recently asked who makes a swap kit for a T5 conversion. I was told california mustang. I ordered this kit and it didnt fit. the bellhousing on my motor was totally different. i though maybe i had a late 64 motor or something like the falcon ones. the kit specified 65/66 mustang with 9" clutch i think. ofcourse they told me this after i bought it. i recently had a later model 6cyl bell off a early 70s comet, but i got rid of it (maybe i can get it back). this is the one that takes the same v8 transmissions from what i understand. can i use this a a V8 t5 swap kit? anyone have the proper 65/66 bellhousing laying around?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just spoke to a mustang parts supplier that supplies the 5 speed conversion kit for the 65/66 6cyl. They said that I probably have the old style 5 bolt bellhousing and thats why it didnt work and that i couldnt use the later bellhousing. Is this true? I thought only the V8s had a 5 bolt bellhousing then swithced to the 6bolt later. Is it a similar case with the 6 cyl and if so, can i only swap bellhousings from the pre 65 6 cyl motors?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry I can't answer your question, but if you go over to fordsix.com, there are several guys who have done the swap and I'm sure they would be glad to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts