Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys, im sure you are all going to hound me for these probably, way more obvious than i am able to see, questions.

vehicle axle will be going on:
1990 toyota pickup. completely forged toyota 3.4 v6. supercharged, methanol injected and sprayed. puts down 350 on a 41" irok before the nitrous. i like to crawl when i can but being in south louisiana im constantly being called to yank people out of mud holes.

I'm posting because my daily is down and i need answers fast. i have been googling and for hours and cant find any sort of list saying which vehicles a big bearing ford9 will come out of. also cant find any information as to what vehicles will have factory disk brakes. i have seen a few pics of them existing but there was no specific info on this axle.

also, any other very important information you geniuses are willing to throw at me would be greatly appareciated. i need to get this truck moving again and i need to do this once and for all.

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
... cant find any sort of list saying which vehicles a big bearing ford9 will come out of. also cant find any information as to what vehicles will have factory disk brakes. ...
Big-bearing Ford 9" is very common (pre'86 big cars and light trucks/vans), but with disc brakes is uncommon. One example is some Ford Granada or most Mercury Monarch (same chassis and fairly narrow). Usually, the easier path is to get any big-bearing 9", and add disc brakes to it, either aftermarket or from a '96+ Explorer 8.8" (with some light mods). If you need a certain odd width, you're in for new axles anyway.

David

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
75 thru 79 lincoln linciln versailles 9 in big bearing with disc brakes. as psig mentioned, some if not all 75 thru 79 granada and monarch v8 cars also have discs.

lincoln has center pinion with spring mounts that are 1" off center, yup. i don't know about the others spring mount locations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts