Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help! I'm helping to resurect a 63 Ford Galaxie 500 that has Corinthian White valve covers and air cleaner.. only problem is I can't find Ford Corinthian White ENGINE PAINT AAANNNYYWHERE! does anyone-and I don't care, I will pay shipping, handling, give up my favorite ratchet, even consider a marriage proposal if someone can get me that color!!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
do you mean in a spray can? engine paint and body paint are the same. order a quart of urothane and shoot the 260

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Please help! I'm helping to resurect a 63 Ford Galaxie 500 that has Corinthian White valve covers and air cleaner.. only problem is I can't find Ford Corinthian White ENGINE PAINT AAANNNYYWHERE! does anyone-and I don't care, I will pay shipping, handling, give up my favorite ratchet, even consider a marriage proposal if someone can get me that color!!!!
You can try this place I bought some Rangoon red from them before and it matched very well!

·
Registered
46 Posts
All white paint from back then was the same just different names for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury. I had my 54 Merc painted by a guy in Oregon who didn't leave me with enough extra do do anything. I played hell getting something close to match. A reputable paint shop should be able to mix you up some. Get enough to do 10X the job you are working on so you don't have that problem. If you are in a position that you cannot even get to a good paint shop, there are several on the internet that can meet your needs. I would get two stage paint, it is easier to maintain once it's applied properly. Lots of clear coat makes it easy to repair a scuff or scratch. Home Depot sells these aerosol kits that use canned air and have a glass paint holder. They work great for a job like yours. Thinner and harder added, you can finish your project like a pro.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts