Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is what ive got planned for the Crate engine i bought from ford...Its on its way! Ive got tons of options..But im looking for the most power without tons of money. Im also looking for upgrades that i can do later...while still driving the car. I got the 345hp 302 crate. here is what ive got planned.....1st. Get a donor car with a Fuel injected 302 in it. I can get it for a couple hundred. I want to take all the parts and make the crate engine fuel injected and put it in my 67 coupe. Later on i would upgrade the intake and everything else...and eventually put on a Vortech or Paxton. 2nd option...is to buy all new parts and have the engine carbeurated. I like this idea...But i dont think i can get a good dependable supercharger with a carb. I also like the potential mpg i can get out of EFI. What does everyone think best? Whats the best way to go EFI on the crate? Thanks Ryan

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can get a harness from Ford Motorsport - Part#:M-12071-C302. Check it out at the following website: www.fordracing.com/performanceparts/. I would be cautious about going to EFI. It is very expensive to make power when you are talking about injectors, intakes, mass air meters, ect. I have an '89 EFI 302 in a truck and I am working on converting it to a carb. If you are going for power, mpg is not going to be great anyway. Personally I would stick to the carb because of the flexability and get a charger that would work with it. Remember with boost - lean kills! It might be good insurance to invest in a pyrometer to moniter those exaust gasses to prevent melt down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts