Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6.9 diesel engine in my F350.
It has the worst fuel system known to me.
Anyone familiar with these??
I cannot keep it from leaking fuel at the injectors.
It has these cheap dinky plastic caps that go over the injector body, and there are two O-rings on each injector that are supposed to seal off the fuel for the return system.
The O-rings are obsolete, and even if I could get them, they are too thin anyways!!
I need larger (thicker) O-rings that are compatable with petrolium.....or, some other way to redesign the fuel return system.
I cant drive the truck with it leaking fuel all over the engine!!
Leaking is'nt really the term for it, its dumping fuel out like a frikkin garden hose!!

What the hell can I do?? the O-rings are not solving the problem!!.....is there another way?? are there any upgrade kits or modified ways out there for this problem??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TorinoStyle2 on 10/23/06 11:42am ]</font>

·
Registered
247 Posts
Use 7.3 IDI o-rings from a newer NON turbo 7.3. They are the same. I just did all the o-rings and return hoses on a 91 7.3L 6 monthes ago. I got Ford parts no problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Torino, I recommend you swap a real diesel into your Ford P/U body, a 5.9 L I-6 Cummins Turbodiesel with a six-speed manual transmission attached...even from a wrecked Dodge RAM 2500/3500!!! And be happy wasting Duramaxes. PowerStrokes and Duramaxes are V-8's, not genuine diesel material as any over-the-road trucker knows. A Cummins Custom Conversion is the ultimate solution to your fuel leaks and other non-inline-six "diesel woes"!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: stangdude65 on 12/21/06 7:24pm ]</font>

·
Registered
18 Posts
On 2006-12-21 04:19, stangdude65 wrote:
Torino, I recommend you swap a real diesel into your Ford P/U body, a 5.9 L I-6 Cummins Turbodiesel with a six-speed manual transmission attached...even from a wrecked Dodge RAM 2500/3500!!! And be happy wasting Duramaxes. PowerStrokes and Duramaxes are V-8's, not genuine diesel material as any over-the-road trucker knows. A Cummins Custom Conversion is the ultimate solution to your fuel leaks and other non-inline-six "diesel woes"!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: stangdude65 on 12/21/06 7:24pm ]</font>

·
Registered
71 Posts
one of the local diesel shops offers an aftermarket kit for this -- comes with o rings, return hoses, and a set of new injector caps -- was less than $50.00 if I remember correctly I think i still have the box with brand and pt # -- hydraulic shops carry the o rings in bulk -

1 - 6 of 6 Posts