Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
the last time they approved a user was Dec 13th of 2011, so they're still active... I sent the forum owner an email to try to help this along... I'll keep on it, let us know if you get in...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the Help Guys, I'm a forum kind of person, I learned on My Offroad Forums (www.dogpoundoffroad.org) that you can never be on enough forums cause when your doing research you can never know enough people. Does anyone know If the Fairlane car bumper will fit on my Wagon

·
Registered
203 Posts
Why don't you two invite him to stay here instead of pushing what might end up a very valuable member to another forum?

No need to be territorial here. I suggested FCA as an additional resource, not an alternative. In the FCA forums members regularly direct people to other forums as well, and many of the members there are members here and at other forums as well.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Does anyone know If the Fairlane car bumper will fit on my Wagon
Edward,

I'm not sure if they will or not, but from what I've seen of the '66-'69s, the fronts are the same, and the rears are different. On the '68-'69s, the rear bumpers are the same as the same year Ranchero. Sorry I can't offer a more definitive answer.

Paul

·
Registered
734 Posts
yes, same year fairlane front bumpers will fit same year front wagons, but the rear bumpers on many years, is a different story

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info guys, Still in the same boat looking for Parts,

Here is a Question if there was a Dedicated Fairlane Forum whould you visit it as much as you do this one?

I visit 4 fourms every morning and now I just added 3 more to that number , the Station Wagon Forums...(No Fairlane Spicific info there) the Jalopyjournal it's mainlly old Hot rods , so not too much there... but there was one guy who Bagged a 64 Fairlane...Like That thread...

I visit the Fairlane forums but there is only a few new posts each day from the lucky ones who get in.

anyway Thanks for the responce Folks...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Years ago, the fairlane forum was part of Woody's fairlane site, which was one of the few if only dedicated fairlane forums... 5 or so years ago, someone PO'd Woody about the forum's moderation, so Woody had some of his buddies come up with a new format we have today... The traffic on it has waned in recent years, although I visit every day and try to answer when I can... It's just another resource, as is Woody's main site (www.woodyg.com/fairlane). Gerry Proctor and myself frequent that site, Gerry is a poster here, also, and is quite knowledgable...

www.fairlanet.com with its Transmission forum has a lot of knowledge and participation on it.. Ford Transmission Forum

I also visit www.fordfe.com, the most knowledgable FE site on the planet, bar none. This forum feeds the needs of a diverse population, and is WAY more colorful (wink wink, FE...)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I need a gas tank for a 67 fairlane wagon any help would be great tom Blevins 1-765-309-2934 or [email protected] the cars my sons he is 17 just getting started the tank was gone when we got car we put a 351 in and no luck on getting a tank

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok guys (and possibly girls) I bought a 67 fairlane GT with the 390 4bbl 4spd about a year ago. My wifes really close family friend owned the car for year and unfortunately passed away from cancer and this is how we obtained the fairlane. I am a newbie with ford! Can anyone help me with breaking down the option codes that are on my VIN tag? Also from the research I have done they say for 67 there was 18,670 GT 390 made... Is this correct? If this is the case my production number is 122498... Can someone explain why my # is higher than 18,670 ???

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
472 Posts
Ok guys (and possibly girls) I bought a 67 fairlane GT with the 390 4bbl 4spd about a year ago. My wifes really close family friend owned the car for year and unfortunately passed away from cancer and this is how we obtained the fairlane. I am a newbie with ford! Can anyone help me with breaking down the option codes that are on my VIN tag? Also from the research I have done they say for 67 there was 18,670 GT 390 made... Is this correct? If this is the case my production number is 122498... Can someone explain why my # is higher than 18,670 ???

Thanks,
Ryan
Ford production numbers (consecutive unit numbers) start at 100,001.
So the first Fairlane off the line would have consecutive unit number 100,001.
It would not necessarily have been a 390 GT model.

Total production of ALL models of Fairlane built for the 1967 model year... 238,688

So your Fairlane was the 22,497th Fairlane built that year.

GT 390 models would be built along with *ALL* other Fairlanes of that year.

The 390 GT models were not built consecutively, but interspersed with ALL other Fairlanes.

VIN decoder...

1967 Ford Vehicle Identification Numbers (vin)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts