Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,
I am currently in the process of restoring a 1964 Galaxie 390 4 speed car with 4:11's out back. This car has some drag racing history associated with it so I'm going the "old school" route with the motor from an appearance standpoint and am looking for a distributor. I've warmed over the motor to include such things as a factory 6-pack set-up, Edelbrock aluminum heads, Harland Sharp adjustable rockers, 530 lift Comp cam, forged pistons, etc. The current distributor is a mid 60's 427 unit that should have been equipped with a vacuum advance. The advance set-up is missing. Currently it is equipped with a Pertronix set-up. I'm looking for a good (similar vintage) distributor. Again, I want performance but would like to stay away from MSD or similar boxes. Any ideas?? Advantages of mechanical vs. vacuum advance?? Mallory dual point vs. single point?? Again, this needs to appear to be "old school" but may take an occasional pass down the 1/4 mile....
Thanx

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Probably the old school vintage distributor look for that car would be the proper 406/427 dual point version that has no casting for the vacuum advance. You could keep the pertronixs for reliability.Stu

1 - 2 of 2 Posts