Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting mixed reviews on hardened or stock style pushrods. I am running roller rockers, a cam with some decent duration and a .516 lift and the valve springs to match.

Thoughts on pushrods?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've been running stock pushrods on mine for well over 10K miles with no issues. Stock rockers, .538/.552 lift, 256 lbs spring pressure open. I wouldn't worry about them at all in your case.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I have been running custom made pushrods for years and even with the occasional shot of n2o to liven things up. I believe they are from Competition or Crane. Work good so far. They actually held up when the rocker arm shaft snapped.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great guys! I know when I built my 64 motor I went all out and made sure everything was the best of the best. On this build, we are budget but I don't want to destroy either.

You guys rock! Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
A street FE needs good pushrods, but its not critical to have hardened pushrods like a SBF because they don't rub up against guideplates.

Stock does pretty good until you get to high spring pressures then they get a little flexy, but I probably wouldn't worry much for your application

1 - 5 of 5 Posts