Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I am Konrad from Poland. I am the happy owner Galaxie 500 1962 :)
Car is undergoing a complete restoration process. I am convinced that your group will be able to help me in many matters.
Now I need help:
  1. Body color - I will attach identification plate photo. What kind of color code BM is? I found table under link:
    but nowhere I can see 'BM'. I will add that the color was previously changed and it is not necessarily original
  2. Parts - can you recommend shop where I can buy new parts? In US of course :)
Thanks in advance for help,
Feel free to ask about everything,
Konrad

Font Gas Electronic device Auto part Electric blue

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate
Motor vehicle Vehicle Monoplane Aircraft Machine

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome Konrad,

Very nice car. Two letters indicate two tone (two colors). Lower color is the first letter (B=Peacock Blue). Upper color is the second letter (M=Corinthian White). Because yours was built toward the end of production (July 1962) there were a few different colors offered than were published in the book. This was done to boost sales in the spring .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big thanks Larsofvt! 🤝

I have next question.
  • Do you know about another Ford model that used identical gas shocks (front & rear) like Galaxie 500?
    I cannot buy shock absorbers from the US due to the restriction of airplane deliveries :confused:. Perhaps I could buy locally. Galaxie parts market is extremely modest in my country

1 - 5 of 5 Posts