Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Jeez. I get the same feeling looking at that as I did when my folks bought our 70 Torino Cobra SCJ. On the same lot there were two boss 302's and a boss 429. My mouth dropped open and my eyes got wide!! These ARE the good old days car wise boys and girls. 25 years from now fxjr is gonna be looking back and telling the young bucks in their fuel cell cars about how you could walk onto a car lot and buy a 500HP car for only $140K...

·
Registered
79 Posts
My dealership just got one in today.

After we close there going to let me sit in it. I think if I beg long enough the owner will take me for a ride in his.

I've been drooling since I say it.

Meg

My husband might get to "test" drive one. I love working at a dealership.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Cool!

Especially in black....

They let me sit in one, last spring on the SAE world conference in Detroit.

I just read something funny in a article by Jay Leno, which appeared in Popular Mechanics:

Of course, some people don't know I've already got my car on order, so I'm getting lots of calls from Ford sales guys. And the conversations usually go something like this:

"Mr. Leno?"

"Yup."

"Are you aware of the new Ford GT?"

I always say, "I've heard something about it. Are they available?"

And they say, "We have one."

To which I always say, "What's its serial number?"

And there's a long pause. "Well, we don't have it here yet, but we will have it."

And I ask, "What are you asking for the car?" And they're all like $450,000. So I say, "I just want one. I don't want three."

And they say, "Well, that is one."

So I say, "What is the list price of the car?"

And there's another long pause. Then the salesman always says, "Well, they're hard to get.''

So I reply, "I feel bad. Are you guys making enough on this? Can't I chip in a little more?"

And then I add, "Read your dealer newsletter. I bought the first one."

http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/sub_coll_leno/2004/7/rather_have_ford/index2.phtml

·
Registered
13 Posts
When my son was in a Ford sponsored Auto tech competition.
Ford displayed a GT40 the new Model Z (hybrid) And a new Lighting.
They were very cool about letting the kids that took 1st 2nd and 3rd place to sit in all the cars.
My sons team took 2nd place. He later went to Wyotech and recently Graduated from there.
I have to admit when they rolled that beautiful thing out i tripped over my jaw. IT was the Red and White paint. But that black is always a cool car on a car that looks like it is going 120mph while sitting still.

·
Subscriber
0 Posts
Beechmont Ford were my brother is an accessory tech(installs remote starts,sunroofs,bedliners, alarms,window tint,makes custom interiors etc....) They displayed a Red one. It was one of the first times I felt in awe of a car, the only other time was standing in front of a shelby 500. Nice pics

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On 2004-11-19 12:12, FEandGoingBroke wrote:
So, what's the dial up warning??
Usually pics are very slow to load for dial up users so it's friendly to let people know - been there done that

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yea its just too bad a person cant actually get one for the 140,000.00$$ price tag. I called galpin ford and the dude said that they want a 75,000.00$ deposit and couldnt tell me what the price would be, but said expect to pay upwards of 500,000.00$$ for it. I asked him how much dope he smoked today. Chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts