Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
They make them in replica form, almost the same price as a Cobra kit, and same power as the Cobra (ala Mustang), how often do you see these cruizing.
To bad they never made them for public sale.

I have an old book that has alot of info on the GT40, it's called:
THE COMPLETE FORD BOOK, by Petersen Publishing. 1970.It's all black and white pictures,

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Actually, they were available to the public...providing you were "public" to Mr. Ford and Co. A specific number of road legal versions had to be homolgated to make them legal at LeMans. It'll be interesting to see if they actually have the cajones to build 'em or if it goes the way of the GT90. The cost cutting frame of mind FOMOCO is in these days, I'll give it about a 10% chance of ever seeing the light of day.

·
Registered
582 Posts
It is unfortunate that Ford will never build this car. But we (joe public) couldn't afford it anyway with a price tag of over $100K so maybe it's just as well.
Just wish they would get the quality back into the "real" cars we can afford.

67 Mustang Fastback w/351-C and 5 speed
34 Ford 3 window coupe 5.0 AOD

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: coupe3w on 1/8/02 7:29am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I believe the drool value on that car is at least 2 cups worth. Ford needs to build it along with the Super Stallion and the FR-500. I would diffently buy one when they should come out in 2004.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
The best looking car ever built.

JL

·
Registered
170 Posts
If I was a Ford stockholder I wouldn't want it built, no $$$ in it. As a Ford lover I want it built to kick the Vette's ass!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts