Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm not sure where to post this, so I figured I'd start here. Short story, a lifelong and very knowledgable Ford guy passed away last year (in Buck's County, PA) and left his widow and daughter with an immense amount of stuff. I have been working with a member of another forum (FE forum) and even stopped by their house on the way through PA to see what was there, take some pics, and even buy a few parts off of them. I don't live near them at all, and am doing this with them through text and email.

Some of what I saw:
56(?) Victoria Gasser with a supercharged 390..tubbed, 4 link, Wilwoods, toploader. They have all parts for this, including trim and interior parts. He started a suicide door conversion but have the orig doors, too. This ran when he passed away a year ago.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Automotive tire Light Tread Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Car Automotive design

55 (?) Victoria Gasser with a 460 (I think, but def a BBF)...tunnel ram intake, automatic (but clutch pedal is still in there), car ran when he passes away. He was prepping another supercharged 390 for this one (almost complete) to run it in a Ford FE event.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part

61 Starliner 515ci, 4 speed, tubbed, and 4 link. Runs strong, just driven recently by a family friend. Gorgeous and bad a** car! They may try to sell this on BaT or Hemmings
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Aforementioned supercharged 390, nearly complete, but blower and demon carbs not on the engine yet. (I would have bought this for my Galaxie but am not interested in cutting the hood.
Motor vehicle Engineering Gas Machine Machine tool

Electrical wiring Engineering Gas Electronic component Office equipment

Much, much more there. They are trying to find receipts for the engine builds, but he did A LOT of work himself (he was a mechanic and diehard FE guy), including the fabrication and body work on the Gassers.

Bottom line is: They need help from our community, and not someone who will take advantage of them. Ideally, someone may want to swoop in with a trailer or two, bulk buy the valuable or sellable parts, help get the Gassers sold, etc. There are many things (tools, shop equipment, misc non-car stuff) that may need be donated or sold locally, but there is some very nice stuff in there. They are not keen on crating or shipping anything big, but may put some of the stuff we identified on ebay. They aren't looking to rip people off for any of it and just want it to go to a new home. Likewise, we don't want anyone screwing them over. They won't part out the cars, as they don't have the resources to do it.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. If interested, I can arrange contact with the family.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So The H.A.M.B was their typical snotty selves and removed the posting...."modern pro-street cars aren't their thing"

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have let them know that what they sell may be severely "discounted" in order to unload it, but we would like them to not get ripped off. Honestly, I'm still thinking about picking up that almost-finished 390 without the blower, but I'd still have to open it up to see what's inside of it.

I may suggest they list the gassers as they are and try to sell them as is...that Starliner is insane, though.

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Starliner is GORGEOUS! Of course tubbing it out changed the market for that particular car, but undoing that shouldn't be immensely difficult if one is so inclined.

Reactions: 5851a

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very,Very active Group. Log into Facebook
But the '56 Gasser should be H.A.M.B. friendly, since I founded the 1952-59 Ford Social Group on the H.A.M.B. over twelve years ago, but I can see where the '61 would be considered "Pro Street". The Social Groups usually reach out more with more latitude than if you only post on the Main board where the "picky" folks troll.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Might try a auction company that’s experienced with these types of cars and has good internet presence. Check out Proxibid.com (not an auction house but online bidding platform used by auction houses) for potential auction company.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But the '56 Gasser should be H.A.M.B. friendly, since I founded the 1952-59 Ford Social Group on the H.A.M.B. over twelve years ago, but I can see where the '61 would be considered "Pro Street".
I was surprised by H.A.M.B, too, but they have been a bit salty there in recent years. Not a good way to "welcome" people into the hobby at all.

As for Facebook, it's a great suggestions but I'm no longer on Facebook and won't join again. If you can get word out there to come to this thread, I'd appreciate it, and I can coordinate with the family if anything comes of it. I have long since determined I'd rather pull out my own toenails and shove them into my eyes than deal with that drama ever again.

@51 Ford F1, I have advised them to try auction sites, but I think even listing them on BaT or Hemmings with a set price would get some results at least. Haven't considered Proxibid yet, so thanks on that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts