Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 1903 Henry Ford borrowed $28,000.00 in cash from John Francis Dodge & Horace Elgin Dodge to start Ford Motor Company.I never knew that and I was suprised when I stumbled across it while researching Ford on the net.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
There's an old saying isn't there?

"If you can't afford a Ford, dodge a Dodge, but just borrow the money off them."

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's an old saying isn't there?

"If you can't afford a Ford, dodge a Dodge, but just borrow the money off them."
Wildman: You lost me,I already told you I wasn't fast.It'll take me a while to figure out what in the world that statement means.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
thats alright, at least Ford can make a nice vehicle. Ford has its problems, and i would consider a GM when looking at a new vehicle, i would never, EVER, consider a Dodge

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Pontiac is my pick from GM. My wife has a '04 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP CompG (I have 3 Fords), Supercharged 3800, Tap Shift (auto. or stick without the clutch), heads up display. I have been a Ford man since I was 18 (59 now) but I have to admit Pontiac makes one nice ride. I love my '06 Mustang GT, but I that Poncho is a ball to drive.

GT300TD

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I love the GTP. I really wish i had one. Their new G8 coming out is going to be pretty bad a$$, 6.2L four door. can get with a 6sp gear box. Would be an awesome family car.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
hey i had a dodge -think it was in 65 or so -- fast car -
fasted car i had as a kid --52 hudson --

today when you say dodge every one thinks pickuptruck--

best driveing car --54olds -4 speed hydromatic--dam thing would fly

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
That G8 6.2L ought to FLY.
My wife's is a 4 dr. also, I think that's the only way they came. The way its designed I really like it's looks. Kind of nice to have a 4 dr. in the stable though, as long as it's hers ha ha.

GT300TD

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The GTP can be 2dr too. I like pontiac cars, Grand Am and Grand Prix are nice cars. Ford needs a lineup like that for their cars. Now all they have is the mustang.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I would never pick a GM regardless, I wont buy a modern FORD unless it is a specialty vehicle: SVT, GT500, Lightning, Shelby. But on the same note I would love a run of the mill Dodge Challenger in 2008

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Just a little FYI, I live in the home town and birth place of the Dodge automobile. Sleepy little Oelwein Iowa, for those of you that didnt know. Walter P Chrysler was born and raised here and completed his first Chrysler car while living in Oelwein.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a little FYI, I live in the home town and birth place of the Dodge automobile. Sleepy little Oelwein Iowa, for those of you that didnt know. Walter P Chrysler was born and raised here and completed his first Chrysler car while living in Oelwein.
I don't know much about Mopar so I am assuming that at some point Walter P. Chrysler must have bought out the Dodge brothers.Would that be a true statement?

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
The best car i ever had and lowest almost zero maintenance was an ugly 4 door '69 catalina. I loved the 77 dodge van I had and also a friend had the same year but extended one for hauling carpet. It took a lot of beating. But the cars, they hate me and have had no luck with mopar cars.
The old shotrod has been good and usually never let me down unless from my own stupidity but I also haven't driven it as many years, yet, as I did that Pontiac. May she rest in peace. :(
As for the new vehicles, I'm just not sure anymore what I would go for after the troubles with our truck and plugs.
My brother inlaw just bought an '02 diesel GMC truck. He looked at some Fords but for the price range he was looking at he didn't want to chance the sparkplug ordeal. I told him it was safe after '04 but he said that's ok. LOL

Deb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts