Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Site Admin
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the look of Ford Muscle will change... well only a little. In the agreement between Ford Muscle and Autoguide the original logo for the Ford Muscle still belongs to the Ford Muscle. Ford Muscle Forums will have a little bit of a new skin with a new logo. We tried to keep everything as close as possible to not violate our contracts with Ford Muscle but if you notice the look of the logo and the forum to be just a little different this is why. The change is expected to happen before September 1st.

·
Registered
718 Posts
the look of Ford Muscle will change... well only a little. In the agreement between Ford Muscle and Autoguide the original logo for the Ford Muscle still belongs to the Ford Muscle. Ford Muscle Forums will have a little bit of a new skin with a new logo. We tried to keep everything as close as possible to not violate our contracts with Ford Muscle but if you notice the look of the logo and the forum to be just a little different this is why. The change is expected to happen before September 1st.
The BLEW color is all faded away ! isnt that awful ! how could that have happened ? i paint all my stuff ford red ! ford red would look KOOL !

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
I think i am color blind anyway. Ahhh, it will become the new normal soon.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
some of you have asked for a darker option? I will see what we can come up with.
just a suggestion- but cant the old colors be a option? I know another forum that changed a couple years ago, so much ruckus from so many with eye strain, they added a tab to select new/old color scheme layouts...would user selectable colors be a option? years back I was on one setup that way- amber on black I can read all day...but not to ad friendly

·
Registered
334 Posts
Too many ads and too much going on. How many Auctionzip ads need to be on the screen at one time? It's amazing how many temporary files it generates when calling the page up. I enjoy the site but as you may have noticed. It's been a few years since I've optioned for the paid membership. The site looks very professional and I'm sure it came with a price.

It's not my cup of tea but nice job.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Hey, I notice the Administrator has a name or handle - Phil - awesome - FE will love it.

Hi Phil

·
Registered
422 Posts
I find it harder to navigate, the old site looked so much more professional... this looks so bland. The layout isn't that great. I signed up for membership last year to help keep the site going but now it looks like something I made back in high school. Please change it back. :( I can't even find my way back to the store to buy more emblems from the forum site! >_<

·
Site Admin
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Darker option - I put a request in to creative to have the darker skin option added. When it goes live it will be in the bottom left with t drop down so you can choose. *edit, just spoke with one of the guys in creative they will work on it at the start of next week. Modeling the blues and blacks a little closer to the original fordmuscle.com to make the whole site a little darker. the default will remain this color but you will have a dropdown to change it.

Tabs don't work - we are aware of this and working on it. the original links went back to fordmuscle.com and will be restored shortly.

The admin account will need to remain as admin but there is no reason you cant know my first name. 99% of the time it will be me using this account. The rest of the 1% is when the techs are logged in using it to fix things. They will not post unless its a test post or engage you guys or answer questions. If in the event I am off sick or on vacation there will be another community manager who will step in to fill in for me. If this is the case the staff will be notified of my absence.

Too Many Ads- the site has always had ads lots of them. The ad positions have been shifted around. We are working on a premium program, I believe will be tied in with the tech exchange. The details are still being ironed out but this will include less ads in addition to more garage space for your galleries and more PM storage. I will be working this out with the staff over the next coming weeks and hopefully roll it out sooner then later.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
I find it harder to navigate, the old site looked so much more professional... this looks so bland. The layout isn't that great.

with all due respect, gotta say I agree...the old layout was exceptional. another really great site for layout/easy on the eyes colors is The Mustang Source - The Ford Mustang Source (who also just got bought by a third party) hope that site dont change much either...

theres a ton of sites out there, but certain ones just seem so nicely done... Brad over at TMS and the crew here at FM, IMO both took a lot of extra time in tweaking things over the years, making some of the nicest layouts Ive ever browsed thru...now changes feel kinda generic for lack of a better term.

just kinda curious as to why the format change- is it just to fit more advertising in as neatly as possible, or is it more for a 'universal toolkit' so it and other owned sites can be admin'd all in a similar format, or something else? just nosey :)

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
You know, not sure what I am missng here. I am not really color blind, I am a computer moron, freely admit that. But I just cant see the huge changes you folks are talking about.

I can see this thing just fine, and I am old and visually impaired by nature, I toggled some of the links and tabs, and the readers rides show up, tech archives etc show up.

About the only thing I noticed is it seems a bit slower when you open up a link or thread?

Otherwise, I am not experiencing any difficulties or color changes that bother me. Certainly not enough to say I am not coming back to the site or re joining?

So far my only complaint is posting Tech Articles, havent seen my new ones up yet or others, but FATNFAST tells me they are working on that - so its all good.

Am I missing something?:confused:

·
Registered
422 Posts
It's the format/layout of the website VS the format/layout of the older site... it just lost it's professionalism look. In my honest opinion when I look for help about an issue on my Ford I don't just look for people who are knowledgeable, I also look at if the website looks professional or not. I chose FordMuscle.com when I signed up and supported the site with my own $40 because of the professional look of the website VS other websites. And let's be honest, when you're building up an older Ford $40 can get you a part or parts you needed for your build.

I'm not saying I will stop coming here or stop supporting FordMuscleForums.com.. it's just I feel the website has taken a drastic step backwards from the layout the old website had. For instance when you go to "Making Progress" you used to be able to see a picture of the persons car before even going to their Topic.

Another thing that was appealing to me was the grid like layout of the homepage of FordMuscle.com/forums before the change. Stuff was highlighted in a bright Ford blue if there was a new post or topic and now it's like yellow or something? 100% of men are colour blind to some extent, be it .1% or 100%.

My biggest complaint is the layout of this forum VS the older layout. I strongly feel that we've lost the professional appeal of the website.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
I hear you on the Making progress, that is and was a good thing seeing the car pics before the thread, on all post frankly, something I would recommend they turn back on.

I have and use highlighted un read posts, mine show up as bold dark blue or black - cant tell, so I have not seen much of that, colors and backgrounds, professinalism, not a big deal with me. This thing is just a tool for me to get the info and idea swapping back and forth. I dont care what my tool looks like, so long as it works and does the job.

It is way better than say a shop manual or catalog, so I am pretty good with Pink and Purple graphics, so long as the content and expertise remains.

Now, if a lot of the folks stop coming because of the colors, well that would be a shame and a problem for me. I come here, write posts and articles because I want to share my experience, help others, and get help - layouts - thats not my gig, but I hear you.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts