Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
When you go to My Prefs, at the bottom of the menu on the left you can see all the pic attachments you ever made here, and the threads. Is this new? It is pretty nice.

Now how about this: I would like to shorten my handle to puttster. Can I do that without severing my history of postings?

Oneputtster

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Phil, sorry for sounding like I was at the wheel doing 65mph, and just lost my left front tire...
Sometimes...change...difficult...knee jerk reaction.

I will tell you, the Hot Rod magazine forum changed from ok to horrendous software a few years back, and there was a en-mass exodus off their site.

The current forum is still not that good, but tolerable.

I will ask gently, can you at least repair the Makin' Progress threads?

I don't envy you job. But...could be worse. You could be an admin dealing with a bunch of chevy guys.
:D

·
Site Admin
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks, direct and specific feedback always is workable, at least you can give an specific answer if not solution.
So, how about the Tech Articles - submissions, new ones, whats the plan and policy for those?
That is being worked on between FATNFAST and our resident walking automotive encyclopedia "Don". I will check in with Don today to see how this is coming along setting it back up as well as establishing the rewards for the articles.

·
Site Admin
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
When you go to My Prefs, at the bottom of the menu on the left you can see all the pic attachments you ever made here, and the threads. Is this new? It is pretty nice.

Now how about this: I would like to shorten my handle to puttster. Can I do that without severing my history of postings?

Oneputtster
Yes you can! Any of the Admins can do it for you its just a simple name change but it has to be done in the Admin control panel. Send me a PM to remind me what you want it changed to. Assuming the email attached to your account is current I will reply with an email to let you know its done. This way you know your login has changed. Your password and all the other info will remain the same unless you want that changed as well.

The manage attachments might be new, I know on any site that has it set up that way it takes a little to get used to but once you settle in its really helpful especially if you reference photos a lot.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
That is being worked on between FATNFAST and our resident walking automotive encyclopedia "Don". I will check in with Don today to see how this is coming along setting it back up as well as establishing the rewards for the articles.
Thanks "you can call me Phil". I take it "Phil" and "Don" are aliases for privacy reasons, and not your real name? I think you guys are doing alright, and like it was said before, I wouldnt want your jobs having to listen to our wanking.
Here is a suggestion, instead of Phil and Don, assuming they are indeed aliases, why not some cool handle like Clutch or Slick, Cougar and Boss?
Just a thought, when suggest a name change, I am out of real issues.

·
Site Admin
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks "you can call me Phil". I take it "Phil" and "Don" are aliases for privacy reasons, and not your real name? I think you guys are doing alright, and like it was said before, I wouldnt want your jobs having to listen to our wanking.
Here is a suggestion, instead of Phil and Don, assuming they are indeed aliases, why not some cool handle like Clutch or Slick, Cougar and Boss?
Just a thought, when suggest a name change, I am out of real issues.
My real name is Philip Barbosa. I don't use an alais and the staff has my all my personal contact info beyond just the office email. for privacy reasons I keep that with the staff. Don's real name is Don, though I don't know if he wants his full name published and would rather not do that for obvious reasons.

As far as aliases the only one I use on some forums is "admin or administrator" but on most the staff at least knows me by my real name.

For those of you who will go and google my name because this is the internet and I know you will. There is a senator from Ohio that has the same name as me and if you search out facebook I am the one with the bald head and lots of tattoos. If i dont know you I probably will not accept a friend request. :)

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
My real name is Philip Barbosa. I don't use an alais and the staff has my all my personal contact info beyond just the office email. for privacy reasons I keep that with the staff. Don's real name is Don, though I don't know if he wants his full name published and would rather not do that for obvious reasons.

As far as aliases the only one I use on some forums is "admin or administrator" but on most the staff at least knows me by my real name.

For those of you who will go and google my name because this is the internet and I know you will. There is a senator from Ohio that has the same name as me and if you search out facebook I am the one with the bald head and lots of tattoos. If i dont know you I probably will not accept a friend request. :)
Well thanks Phil and Don, nice to meet you all. I am Chris, I wont google you - I dont do that stuff, and I dont face book. My wife says this forum is my version of face book. Thanks Man:tup:

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Have you tried both skins? If its still way too bright I can mention it to creative. Calibrated monitors are usually pretty dark and most of the creative department works on calibrated monitors. One of the guys has a secondary one at his desk that is about the cheapest one you can get mostly just to get an idea of an average that can be met between the two. I can ask him to look at both and get his opinion on the contrast.
The darker blue does make it feel better for me. It's interesting how just one color change effects things.

·
Site Admin
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Well thanks Phil and Don, nice to meet you all. I am Chris, I wont google you - I dont do that stuff, and I dont face book. My wife says this forum is my version of face book. Thanks Man:tup:
Good to know. :)

Don you will eventually only see if FATNFAST is not around and he has to give the
or
in regards to a tech exchange article.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Phil, maybe I missed something, but why under the profile can I not insert my banner off photobucket back into my signature like before?
I am getting "NO" on everything.
Mildly irritating I can't have my banner at the bottom as before.

{stepping off my soap box}

·
Registered
841 Posts
Is it possible to get a "go to newest unread post" option in the "Today's post" view? Such as at the top of a thread, but able to directly to the newest unread post in that thread from the main view.

·
Site Admin
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Phil, maybe I missed something, but why under the profile can I not insert my banner off photobucket back into my signature like before?
I am getting "NO" on everything.
Mildly irritating I can't have my banner at the bottom as before.
Try it now. I was not aware this was ever taken away.

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Ahhhh... The 'dark' skin is much easier on the eyes in the evening. I often like a very dark reverse color option like the DarkBerry blue theme here. Any chance something like that could be made available? Thanks!

David

·
Site Admin
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I know that skin! I used one of that guys skins on a vB4 forum I built for a friend. I think that skin is only for vB4 and that platform is way too unstable for a big site like this. I can ask creative to make one more even darker skin but this depends on how busy they already are.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I was just thinking of a membership rule - no posting in the classifieds until you've made X number of posts elsewhere. That should cut down on people joining just to make one FS post.

·
Premium Member
34,854 Posts
I was just thinking of a membership rule - no posting in the classifieds until you've made X number of posts elsewhere. That should cut down on people joining just to make one FS post.

OH HELL YEAH! I effing HATE those bastages that do that! GRRRR! Maybe you've seen me get hot under the collar about several of them? :D :D :D

Or maybe have them make it to a 10 Thread start count before being able to offer for sale stuff like Other forums do.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts