Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever seen a 350 in a mustang and feel your face get red? Time for some PAYBACK.
I bought a 89 camaro rs for 500 bucks (2nd owner - 83,000 miles) last week. I've got my 331 (and blower) out of my mustang, and just happen to have a SBF to chevy trans adapter. I'm gonna put this thing together and take it to the car shows around here. I'm planning on setting a box of tissues on the air cleaner and putting my lawn chair just within hearing distance. That way I can catch some of the yelling and screaming from the mullet wearing morons .

I'll post some pics when I get started on it.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I saw a vet with a 460 one day.. cool
Pay Back
64 International 4dr. truck w/466

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pedal2themetal45 on 12/8/06 3:26am ]</font>

·
Registered
203 Posts
A few years back we ran a 460 powered '57 Ford & we used BBC rocker covers with adaptors to clear the roller rockers, You would not believe how many times we got asked how we had moved the distributer to the front of the motor! (used to say that the block was reversed!

Street Driven Bracket Racer

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragracerdave on 12/8/06 5:51am ]</font>

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
One good thing (and the ONLY good thing) about a 10 bolt is that WHEN it breaks it will scatter the parts out of the back side rather than the front like a 9". Makes it easier to clean up that way.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
But a diseased body is a diseased... motor. Or something like that. I forget the adage.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Make sure you do the burnout competition, and burn the rubber off the tires. Then when people are impressed, show them the Ford powerplant under the hood; that should be good for a laugh (for you) and great payback.
Oh yeah, I love the box-o-tissues approach, but make sure you bring a trash can for the Chevy guys to lean over.

Chris.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As soon as I get my '53 out of the garage I'm gonna get the "Crapmaro" in. I'll make another page on my lame ass cardomain page and get you guys some updates. I didn't expect to get this much of a response.

·
Registered
712 Posts
"Crapmaro", ehh? I have a new nickname for one of my friends cars. LOL
Thanks!

·
Registered
813 Posts
An 89 Camaro, you say?? Damn!! too bad its not a 69 Camaro....gotta get them where it really hurts!!
But in the meantime, check out this 427 FE Ford powered Camaro!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
My friend Pat Neil just went to the quarter finals on Pinks-All-Out last night in Phoenix; with his BBF powered Camaro.

Don't know when the show will air yet but he was driving the Chevy guys nuts....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts