Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i didnt really think about it when i bought them, but the plugs are for a male dis. cap, and i have the female cap. It is a 66' 289 with a stock dis. but the guy before me changed it over to electronic, not points.
My Local speed shop has no cap to fix this problem (Team C) is there a cap that i can use? and from where, i live in so cali. I think that the dis. setup i have going is cool for what i am doing, not really more than 5,500RPMs. Or should i just spring for a whole new MSD Dis.?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know MSD makes male dis., although I'm not sure if it is only avalible in the "Pro Billet" model or not. I recently changed my ingnition from points to a complete MSD 6AL setup. It was costly but well worth it and a breeze to install(maybe an hour). I would suggest a full MSD system.

Scott

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Team C does have the right set up. Talk to Robert over there, he is the one that sold me the MSD cap with the Ford adap a cap unit that goes in between them. It is all from MSD and fits on a stock dis.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
just go to your local parts store and get a cap for an 88 302 and the cap adapter. Also will need the rotor from the same 88. Works like a charm, I've done this conversion to all my vehicles, as the bigger spread helps prevent spark jump. Only vehicle I've come close to a problem with is the 351c in my mustang. the wider cap rubs the upper radiator hose. No probs to speak of yet, just looks funny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.