Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just baught a new set of fully assembled Z304A heads and was interested if anyone has ran them without any porting or a valve job done.

I am running a 030 over 302 with a 586 solid roller, Edelbrock AirGap, TKO 500, MSD igmition with an 650 Speed Demon.

The price was right, I couldn't pass them up.

I was hoping to install right out of the box.
Any inputs?

Thanks,

·
Registered
240 Posts
On 2006-03-11 14:10, josepheblack wrote:
I just baught a new set of fully assembled Z304A heads and was interested if anyone has ran them without any porting or a valve job done.

I am running a 030 over 302 with a 586 solid roller, Edelbrock AirGap, TKO 500, MSD igmition with an 650 Speed Demon.

The price was right, I couldn't pass them up.

I was hoping to install right out of the box.
Any inputs?

Thanks,
Do you think the Air gap intake will choke those heads? I am not saying that I know but I wonder?? I think the air gap that I am running on mine is holding my CNC ported Trick Flow heads back. Maybe others will know and they will chime in.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Use a Victor, I'm running mine with a gasket match, bowl blend and a comp valve job. Working great on my 349.

·
Registered
377 Posts
There's no doubt the air gap intake will hinder the ports...however it might help with response and velocity some so your shift recoveries will probably be better than with a single plane intake.
I agree a good valve job, and chamber work will actually help speed up the air in the heads and also help out the torque/recovery issue.
I would use the air gap...you can always try a different intake later.
Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts