Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Is that Orange Car a Tallidega? Never seen one before.....

·
Registered
596 Posts
Great pic's, Anyone know what that Black Comet Cyclone w/289 drag car would have ran the 1/4 in back in the day??Just curious..

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I didn't see a Talledaga in there. The orange one was a Cyclone. The tilt body Phaeton looks like Jim Greens car out of Jim Greens Speed Shop in Lynnwood, WA. He's an old school big block Ford guy. If it's the same car, I first saw it on a cruise nite back in the early 80's.

Murff

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Ohh must be a 68 Cyclone then... I should have known from that slight pointy nose it has.....

I had a 70 Cyclone (Montigo MX) the one with the really pointy nose ( almost 2 feet of pointy nose) on it... wish I still had that bugger..... that car that had crosshairs for a front orniment. (Chevy hunter)

The only problem, I could never line up a Chevy in the crosshairs.... they were always behind me...(laughs)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Nice pictures!

What's with the blue tape around the gas caps on a couple of the cars?

I've seen the orange 427 SOHC powered Galaxy at Knott's Fabulous Fords Forever show a couple years ago. If not it was one just like it.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I think the blue tape is there to prevent any mishaps with vapors escaping and igniting from a cell phone spark. It was an indoor event, so I guess the risk is higher. Plus AZ is very dry.

·
Registered
681 Posts
cool pics and alot of them.
have to agree that cleveland looked cool.
but nothing looks cooler than those 427 sohc motors.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Ive never seen so many quality Fords before. AWESOME.
I cant believe that that many SOHC engines still exist!! I bet thats all of them though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Some very nice cars in there I saw that 427 SOHC Galaxie at the Galaxie Nationals a few months ago.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts