Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me the (2) measurements on the tail housing? I have a 59 Galaxie 500 with a 352 and a small case FMX trans. I understand that thier is a long & short tail housing. Picture of existing tail housing.
Thanks
Soap

Attachments

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Can someone give me the (2) measurements on the tail housing?

I have a 59 Galaxie 500 with a 352 and a small case FMX trans. I understand that thier is a long & short tail housing. Picture of existing tail housing.

Thanks
Soap
It's being an FMX (first year production 1968), do you know what it is out of? Any TAG ID Nos?

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I keep forgetting F is psychic. He can give out info without knowing what trans series we are working with.

Simply amazing... :frown:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
You're being a wiener again K!

PLEASE tell me you CANNOT TELL the difference in these TWO different tail housings!!!!!!!!

Example A: LONG!!!

Example B: SHORT!!!!

The amount is DRASTIC. It is not a matter of an inch between the long output and the short output. So he simply has to look at his to tell the difference if he's ever seen a tranny in his life he will be able to tell if it's short.

By the say, if someone is actively LOOKING for answers, don't you think he'd have at least come back to check it out?

My guess is that he showed it to someone locally to him and they gave him the answer he needed and he's never coming back here...

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Listen, the guy said he had an FMX in a 59 FORD. Possible with the vacuum modulator. My guess it is a FX or MX. All I asked for was authenticity.

I am not a physic. I cannot foresee what many of you seem to be capable of. If he doesn't want to clarify what he has, let him depend on the PSYCHOTIC HOTLINE that runs rampant here. He does not need to respond to my post.

EXCUSE the hell out of me... :frown:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
But you TOTALLY MISREAD HIS QUESTION!!!!

It don't MATTER what the tranny is in! He showed a picture of a tranny and called it an WHATEVER.

If you LOOKED at the picture, you would have noticed that the tail housing tranny mount ear is BROKEN.

It does NOT take a genius to figure out that he wants a new tail housing. And he's unfamiliar with the tranny and LIKELY (I am conjecturing here) called a p[lace and they ASKED him if he's got the Short tail housing or the LONG tail housing.
That is 99.9% the most likely scenario.

It don't take a genius to make that guess.... And it don't matter cause he likely will not come back to check as he got his answer from a buddy or a neighbor....

Gosh man. I mean I HOPE he comes back, sounds like he's got a cool car. 'd like to see a pic or two.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
FALCONAROUND Continues Psychotic Hotline said:
But you TOTALLY MISREAD HIS QUESTION!!!!
How do you figure?

Soap POST #1 said:
Can someone give me the (2) measurements on the tail housing? I have a 59 Galaxie 500 with a 352 and a small case FMX trans. I understand that thier is a long & short tail housing. Picture of existing tail housing.

Thanks
Soap
KULTULZ POST #2 said:
It's being an FMX (first year production 1968), do you know what it is out of? Any TAG ID Nos?
FEandGoingBroke POST #3 Goes Psychic said:
You have the long housing. The short shaft usage was generally in pickups from what I've seen.

The short version is ugly and fat and short, yours is not that version.
F Continues said:
It don't MATTER what the tranny is in! He showed a picture of a tranny and called it an WHATEVER.
In that case I have a F/4/S tail housing here he can have.

If you LOOKED at the picture, you would have noticed that the tail housing tranny mount ear is BROKEN.

It does NOT take a genius to figure out that he wants a new tail housing. And he's unfamiliar with the tranny and LIKELY (I am conjecturing here) called a p[lace and they ASKED him if he's got the Short tail housing or the LONG tail housing.

That is 99.9% the most likely scenario.

It don't take a genius to make that guess.... And it don't matter cause he likely will not come back to check as he got his answer from a buddy or a neighbor....

Gosh man. I mean I HOPE he comes back, sounds like he's got a cool car. 'd like to see a pic or two.

OMG!

Let's just a$$-u-me that he does have a BW style trans (no possibility of another design).

That particular design was used from 1951 to 1972. Now, I am sure that somewhere during the production run there were more than two different length tail housings. Let's see...

FOM-MOM-FX-MX-FMX

Tail Shaft housing Basic No. 7A039

B9AZ-A
C1AZ-B
C2AZ-D
C5AZ-C
C5AZ-D
C9AZ-C
D2AZ-A
D2ZZ-A

...hmm...

I guess you may be right. All of those Service PN's and only two lengths offered.

You know F. Your arguments are not holding much solvent as of late. I think you just want to b!tch.

How in the hell can a part be ID if the OP has no idea of what trans he has in the car? And I simply ask and I am all of a sudden a

:bicker:NO-GOOD-SOB? :bicker:

Absolutely Fascinating...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.