Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my Ranchero out for a 100 mile ride, noticed that I passed a salvage yard on my outting and decided to stop on my way back home. I went into the salvage yard and didn't see any old cars at all. Asked one of the workers there if there were any pre- 70tys cars there, and he said sure at the end of the yard there is a few. I walked to towards the end of the yard to a cliff and sure enough at the bottom of the cliff there were at least 300 old cars down there mostly Fords/Mercurys/Dodge. I saw a couple of 64 Galaxie 500XL convertibles with the consoles still in them, a ton of Mustangs, Failanes, Cougars, Falcons, and small body Rancheros. This yard even had a couple of Cuda's there. I was only able to take a few pictures, didn't have enough memory left in my camara, but I am going back out there this week I will take some more pics.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,516 Posts
Looks like an interesting "graveyard" there! Be looking for more pics! Some of those cars look like you could drive them away.
Where is it located? Not that I'll be going there but someone in the area might. :)

Deb

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Ya, spill the beans. I'm from Ft Worth and I don't recognize the piles. But, I've been west of there for a long while too LOL.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Wow, that will be a day well spent. That's like going into an abandoned attic and finding a box of old baseball cards.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
You guys enjoy those southern desert junk yards. Up here in Indiana, it is slim pickens let me tell you. You have to luck into a parts car, or drive to BFE in the middle of a corn field.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Deb, the majority of them still have engines in them, I turned the crank with my break bar and I should hear the compression., I beleive you probably could drive a couple of them out of there.

FE, there were two 64 Verts one with 390, one with 352.

CKelly, it's Midway Auto Salvage in Midlotian, off of 287 South.

I had two more pics in my camera, I tryed to get one shot of all the cars at the bottom of the cliff, but they were spead out to far.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I've heard of Midway, but never did make it over there. Looks like I get to check it out in the spring when I go back.

I'd really like to find a junker 66 or 67 Lincoln convert to scavenge for parts in a yard one of these days. I've had this plan of building a one off 68 convert for years. But if I can't find one I'll just make it a roadster.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did see a couple of Mavericks out there, not for sure about Pinto's.., I will be headed back out there tommorow, will check and see.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts