Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Ford and didn't know these are apparently hard to find for my 61 Galaxie, so went online and punched it in. Advance Auto came up. I went into their parts catalog and 4 different ones came up. I went to the local store and for under $200 plus core, I ordered one or $235 for a new one. Also showed one at $119[$130 core] and one with part #5. I gave them that part # and they all laughed until they looked and it actually came up as part #5 out of millions today. I asked about them being listed as no longer available. He showed that they do come up as "longer available" but, he sent in the order and he said it came back as "being shipped". According to the store employees, it is not uncommon for an older item to come up and no longer available. They said it means that THEY can no longer get them, so they may not be listed and in stock but they may still have some on the shelf. They sounded very confident that I would get this item. I will see in a few days. Meanwhile, ater talking to several people, I'm not too sure. I will still be trying to locate an old one for the housing that my fitting is stripped. If you have one, please let me know.
Thanks,
Karl.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Glad you found them. I'll have to remember that no longer available thing. When i ordered the kit for mine i found after for another $100 i could of got a reconditioned from autozone or somewhere and wished i'd gone that route. Keepin fingers crossed for you!!

If you don't get it you can get in touch with these guys and find out about getting it rebuilt. Someone here had theirs done a few years ago there and was happy with the work and the price. Couldn't find a rebuild page but the About page does say they rebuild...

http://www.abspowerbrake.com/

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
I see rebuild kits are readily available and I don't mind doing the rebuild myself, but the stripped fitting is my concern. There is a person that makes hoses that will drill it out and tap it as a pipe thread and build a hose to match it. Haven't talked price, can't believe he will be inexpensive. If it doesn't show up through Advance, I am hoping there is one out there I can buy one to rebuild.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts