Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 390 XL same year as my 7 litre in pretty good shape, and I got her running with just a few tweaks and a shot of starter fluid. The other is a basket case 1963 Galaxie 500 convertible she needs help. Though I did find a workable 390 that would fit in nicely. My uncle passed away and left these and a mess of old Packards to my wife and I.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah found a Tri-Power setup for a FE. Sure makes me rethink my four barrel setup?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
If I had the space, dollars, mechanical ability, and 25-30 less years on my present age, I'd bargain with you for the Galaxie's frame.

But, if you do decide to part it out, let us know. Might be something a lot smaller than a frame that I could use.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I plan to finish the 1956 Clipper and sell it as well as the other five in the shop. I've got a buyer for the two 37 Packards out in the shop and I've scrapped 6 of the 11 Packards left to rot in the woods. One of the packards is a limo, its a pretty cool car. Im still counting parts to Model A and Model T s scattered about. It's a lot to figure out.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a pile of parts for 1966 Galaxie 500s and intend to keep the yellow one with a 390 intact. As soon as I inventory the lot, I'll list them in the swap and trade forum. I also have a 1949 Ford coupe I'm probably not going to keep. Anyone know about Flathead V8s?

·
Registered
977 Posts
I've got a pile of parts for 1966 Galaxie 500s and intend to keep the yellow one with a 390 intact. As soon as I inventory the lot, I'll list them in the swap and trade forum. I also have a 1949 Ford coupe I'm probably not going to keep. Anyone know about Flathead V8s?

Sound like you have a RUSTY gold mine..

·
Registered
260 Posts
If you end up with a straight rear bumper for a 66, I'd be interested. nothing even show-worthy necessary. Just straight.

Seems like your uncle was a pretty cool person. I think I have the largest old iron collection in my entire extended family, which is sad. :cry:

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Want to sell that Model A touring car?
Yes, but don't get too trigger happy. The good stuff is in the shop and I have all the good steel body panels for it and new wooden wheels. It is a rusty gold mine and he was a cool old man!

I've got to inventory everything and get it listed. I'll give the forum first dibs before I list on eBay.

Zombie, sorry but if I find a rear bumper I need it, some one bumped mine in its past life. I know I've got an extra front though.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Sorry for you and your wife's loss.

It appears the cars were left to the correct person at least. So many people in my yuppy infested area would scrap all of it, they view old cars as an eyesore. That sh_t drives me to hate some (Ted Turner types)
People that don't understand the importance of Americas automotive history should be forced to ride public transportation for life...

Rant done.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry for you and your wife's loss.

It appears the cars were left to the correct person at least. So many people in my yuppy infested area would scrap all of it, they view old cars as an eyesore. That sh_t drives me to hate some (Ted Turner types)
People that don't understand the importance of Americas automotive history should be forced to ride public transportation for life...

Rant done.
Amen!
Cars are just in my blood, my knuckles are always busted and the cracks in my callused fingers are stained with oil.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah...I'm sorry for your uncle's passing...losing family is always tough. It is good to know that you appreciate your uncle's passion and will carry on his old car tradition!!!

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Have to agree with McCutcheon most would scrap it all. Sorry for your loss. Not only a collector of odds and ends but had a head on his shoulders when it came to after he was gone. Definitely keep and resell any trim on the rust buckets and other odd things like ebrake parts and such. I didn't think of that small stuff when parting a gal with my dad and wished i had cause somebody is always looking and ones like me thinking it would never be needed :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Have to agree with McCutcheon most would scrap it all. Sorry for your loss. Not only a collector of odds and ends but had a head on his shoulders when it came to after he was gone. Definitely keep and resell any trim on the rust buckets and other odd things like ebrake parts and such. I didn't think of that small stuff when parting a gal with my dad and wished i had cause somebody is always looking and ones like me thinking it would never be needed :)
Hi Deb, your post says it was wrote at 4:51 am but I am looking at my clock which says 4:32 am? Do I have a setting wrong?

To bad the convert isn't a 64 like yours, and a bit closer location..lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts