Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never see Galaxies when I'm driving, but while doing one of my dreaded meet the ex-wife halfway to get my girls I found this...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Cool. Maybe a 7 Litre or XL.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not an XL, the grill is different and there is a hood ornament instead of chrome trim. I bet you are correct on it being a 7 liter... possibly LTD. Sad to see it sitting there with no pavement under the wheels!

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was definitely for sale. However the sign had faded so badly it couldn't be read. It's not a 7 litre, we don't have hood ornaments and there are no badges on the fenders or grille. There were two houses on either side of the cars next time I pass by I'll stop and ask. They've both been there a long time, I bet they could be had for a steal.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Disregard the post i made in the 'other' thread then... Dont tell FE the price tho, he will have kittens either way.... ;)

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
It was definitely for sale. However the sign had faded so badly it couldn't be read.

I bought a running 1960 Impala convertible in 1970. It had been parked in the guy's mom's front yard for quite a while. I offered her $75; she grabbed the cash and said "get it out of here!"

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
500 and Plane jane do NOT MATCH.... 500 is a package ABOVE plane jane and XL 500 is a step above that :)

They are going to want $4000 for the Galaxie and $4500 for the Crown I'll bet comic relief on it!

Dang FE that sounds like a Mopar price to me... (ask how I know) ;)

Thats a whole other story for a different board than this one... ( Am looking for a Mopar roller of some sorts but SHEEEIIIITTTT the prices that are wanted I will end up just crushing the ole doner car i assume)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dang FE that sounds like a Mopar price to me... (ask how I know) ;)

Thats a whole other story for a different board than this one... ( Am looking for a Mopar roller of some sorts but SHEEEIIIITTTT the prices that are wanted I will end up just crushing the ole doner car i assume)
No kidding! I'm an equal opportunity car lover and I was looking at all kinds at the time when I bought my Galaxie. Here ya go, typical Mopar fare....

69 Hemi GTX
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/3029420087.html

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dang it, did one of you beat me to it? So I'm headed to where me and the evil Satan woman, err, I mean my ex-wife exchange my children for custody. I maybe had pulled a few nice new crisp bills out of the bank in hopes of picking up the old black 66 that's been sitting there for years. Much to my surprise, it's not there. I mean I pull the cash out to wheel and deal and this time it's gone! So... Who dun it?

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
That's a real bummer for you.
But it wasn't me, as I'm in Downunderland.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm kind of relieved it was gone, I've got too many projects going right now. Still plugging away at my 7 Litre and I'm saving up extra parts for my 350 SBC powered 1953 Packard Limousine build, helping Dad build up a little Rat Rod from my Model A 4dr convertible, and assembling and selling three other cars and a crap ton of parts. It's probably a good thing it's gone.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Don't worry, I found a backup, just a few miles from you, near Brock Park. Been on the market for 18 years. See the windshield, where it says "RUNS? Just what you need for your nice cleaned out garage.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've still got a convertible version of that that I'm going to cut the front 6" off of and make a wall piece. My wife would kill me if I brought home something else. Still have the 56 Packard Clipper 2dr and 46 Packard Sedan to find new homes for too. I've got my hands full.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I've still got a convertible version of that that I'm going to cut the front 6" off of and make a wall piece. My wife would kill me if I brought home something else. Still have the 56 Packard Clipper 2dr and 46 Packard Sedan to find new homes for too. I've got my hands full.

Do you have a 63 ford boxtop 4 door sedan..

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do you have a 63 ford boxtop 4 door sedan..
Nope, after I cut up the convertible Galaxie it'll just be the 1929 Ford Phaeton and the Model T truck left that are Ford. I sold the Packard limo and I traded the 49 Ford coupe for a sweet air compressor. I think I've got a basket case 29ish 2dr too behind some stuff.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts