Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what everyone is doing to install ladder bar w/ the fox chassie. I am keeping the stock frame rails. I have 32" bars and they would mount where there is no frame rails. I was thinking of buying some weld-in sub frames and then making some mounting brackets for the ladder bar X-member. Is this what most poeple do? Would that be strong enough for 800+hp? I did pick up some 2X3 square tubing to weld the front to rear, but that looks like it would require me to cut up the floor. Just thought I would ask before I mess somethig up. Any sugestions would be helpful. Pictures are worth a thousand words!!!!if you could e-mail some.
Thanks Scott

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
You need to put in a manderl bent piece of 2x3 from rocker panel or torque boxes this will strenghten this area. Then put your ladder bar brackets on it. You can see where my for link goes you need to do the same for your ladders.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the pic, after searching the web and looking at web sites I think I'm going to chanel the floor board and tie the front frame with the rear using 2X3 tubing and then put the 1 1/2 ladder bar cross brace across them.

Keep em coming-------
Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts