Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to acquire a fox stang relatively cheap, although the engine, transmission, and rear end are missing. The engine and transmission are not a problem (I already have them ready to go into a new home) but I'm not sure about the rear end solution. I have a 9" rear end that I grabbed out from under a lincoln about to go to the crusher, I also have a nice set of gears to go with it. I can have my 9" cut down for less than I can purchase an 8.8", but can it be made to work in the fox stock style suspension? If so what am I looking at to pull it off (parts wise).

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
What do you want the car to do for you just street or street stip or just strip. If it was mine and i was just going to street drive it i would find an 8.8. If its a more serious street strip i wouldnt mess around with the 8.8 you aready having a 9" and would go with a ladder bar coil over spring set up. But not knowing what you are capable of doing it will cost you. Using the 9 with stock suspention would require ubtaining the stock upper eyes off a doner 8.8 and welding them into the correct position and an aftermarket lower arm of some sort like south sides and dont forget to box in the turque boxes where the south side would bolt to the frame.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts