Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to start on a new project, a vw beetle with a 65 200 i6, not something you guys get everyday. my question is would the 200 bolt up to a ranger frame that originally came with a 300 i6, if not whats mybest bet for a frame??

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
i want to start on a new project, a vw beetle with a 65 200 i6, not something you guys get everyday. my question is would the 200 bolt up to a ranger frame that originally came with a 300 i6, if not whats mybest bet for a frame??
taking on a project like that , requires fab skills .
your asking a question if a smaller 200 will fit where a larger 300 was .

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Is the front (between the dash and bumper) of a VW even long enough to handle this straight 6 and cooling system? I'd suggest just building a custom frame and setting the V-dub body on it somehow. Sorry, it just seems like a very weird combo to me. I've seen several with front engine small block V8's but a six? Why? It's going to be a LOT of work and in very tight spaces. I think length is going to be your biggest problem here.

John

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ranger never came with I6. Engines were 2.3 4cyl, 2.8,2.9,3.0,4.0 and a rare diesel version.

·
Registered
780 Posts
rangers also came with 302 , FE , 335's & the 300
More than one size Ranger
Nope, sorry. Prior to 1983 'Ranger' was merely a trim package offered on F-series trucks. It's still an F series.

If I told you I had an XLT all you would know is the trim package of my truck, it could be a Ranger or F series. That isn't very helpful when asking for advice here.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
Nope, sorry. Prior to 1983 'Ranger' was merely a trim package offered on F-series trucks. It's still an F series.

If I told you I had an XLT all you would know is the trim package of my truck, it could be a Ranger or F series. That isn't very helpful when asking for advice here.
Boss 351 or Mach1 , I have no idea what brand or type of car that is .

op said oem 300i6 in a Ranger .

add , forgot about the other side Z28 , that 1/2 ton pickup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts