Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got the frame out from under the body of the galaxie and I need to replace the springs shocks ect… but what’s the best way to raise the rear end, air bags, coil over shocks, new springs from summit or jegs? and how do I measure my springs to what will fit. any help would be really useful

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
what is your budget for suspention?

for air bags you need a compressor and regulator as well as the bags and mounts for them. $$$$

i dident know that there is coil overs for rear end applications. Cool.

new leafs are what i would do. there should be a compitant spring shop in most any town you can get new ones from or have put in your car. to raise the height just add another leaf.

you can get air shocks. there is a little air line that you can fill up at your discretion via air pump at gas station or prehaps eletric air pump in your trunk. if you realy wanted to you could get out of the car and use a hand held air pump.

i dont think it would be worth it to go to Jegs or any online parts sight. local shops often have the same parts. sometimes cost more or less but in the future i can see local part shops dieing and over night online taking over.

Verry Sad

Edward Guy

·
Banned
864 Posts
64galaxie500 67s Don't have leaf springs. Well Fast67Ford Getting them old Sagging Coils out of the rear and putting a new set in well just about level your Galaxie right out if you want it perfectly level you need to get some one inch drop Front Springs But get a set of Springs for front and back so that your Car is not sagging in front or back the Best place I have seen the Rear Coils is for $89.95 A set and $89.95 A set for up front at Dearborn Classics

Good luck

Richard

·
Banned
864 Posts
ohh wait ESPO Springs'n things has the rears for $65 a pair just go to there web site go to ford galaxie then ford passenger from there and look for your year http://www.espo.com/

And Air Bag's and Air Shocks are a bad idea they make your ride uncomfortable. And its just a bad ideal all together

Richard

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would like the gal to set up 2 or 3 inches higher in the back will stock replacement springs do this or can I have a shop make or order me a pair

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
I have air shocks on mine and the ride is soft and comfortable I guess it depends on how much air you put in the shocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts