Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we finally made it to the track with his car. It just recently put 459hp to the wheels at Swanson Performance.

The track didn't seem to have any traction with the Nitto drag radials (even worse than usual). Results were best 60ft of 2.3-2.4 (and one 2.6!!!), best time of 13.35, and best mph of 115. The mph was what we were really curious to see. Correction figures I got off the track's web site show 12.92 and 118.88 mph. Before the supercharger he could regularly cut 2.0 60's with a best of 1.9. Second gear was useless as well.

He's looking into better tires now. Should be fun watching his progress.

Didn't make it with my car since I've been chasing a charging issue. May be asking for help on that later. Stank to not be able to race.

Also decided to go up and talk a little with an early mustang owner who was racing. Turned out he belongs to this site as well. Small world. He and his family seemed to be having a good time and were a pleasure to talk with. Third person from this site I've seen at LACR. Always an added bonus when that happens.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 289nate on 12/7/06 3:56pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Should be deep into the 11's with traction, but it looks like he has the same problem as me, really crappy 60' fts.

What does he have done to his suspension?

·
Registered
502 Posts
115 mph has an "ideal" et of about 11.40, if car is set up optimum traction and gearing. dont forget that 11.49 sec rollbar rule at the track.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it's 11.99 at LACR. One thing he definitely wants to avoid is having to put a roll bar in it. It's a very clean stock looking cobra.

I'm not up to speed on all the 5.0L/fox body stuff. He has some sort of adjustable shocks on all four corners (adjustments are 1-5) and a couple other things. The suspension work was new as well.

He ran the nittos at 12 psi. His mechanic was there and felt that was too low. Seems to be what I've read and heard as well. Never used drag radials myself. Just seen him and others use them at the track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts