Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though this side of the forum seems dead I'll still put a build thread lol.
So long story short I built a division 6 super Street maverick with my father in law while I was growing up. Started at 5 years old and continued to 15 years old when my mom and him split. It sucks..... It it was going to be my car but it left with him.... That Bastard....... Lol

This car was the national champion many years In a row.

Well a week ago I was offered a 74 comet. It's going to get all the early maverick fiberglass body parts, full tube chassis, big block, and big rear tires. Here are some pics as I picked it up till today. I'll try to update this as I can as it's going to be a slow build due to the fact I'm paying for it all and not charging it to a credit card lol

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Had the LDO option, they were actually a nice car. Not as fast as you plan though. Need some Cyclone tail lamps. Nice project.

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Need some Cyclone tail lamps. Nice project.
+1. Love Mavs and Comets, and may do a gnarly one some day myself for strip/street. The triple Cyclone lights are a cool change :tup:, as would be 69-70 Cougar that fit the panel shape. Just not the squinty Mav lights. :rolleyes:

David

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tuesday I'm ordering a jegster chassis from jegs. Picking up my th400 from a buddy..... I am going to do the unthinkable...... I'm going to run a Chevy motor. Just for a year or two. It's only because I have it and it was free. Lol

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
993 Posts
I could never figure out why the Maverick/Comet wasn't more popular as a drag car. They were big in pro stock in the early 70s but nut much else.
Now you go down to Brazil a the Maverick is a very popular base to hot rod.

Good luck with your project and keep us posted.:smile2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts