Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had one of my front Springs let go last nite. Havent' taken a good look yet but the car is sagging pretty badly on the drivers side.
Anyway, any opinions on the different suppliers out there?
Thanks as always!

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
You can try emailing these people. They say if your car isn't listed email. All they have listed for coils is Mustang.

www.classiccarsprings.com

Espo has some for $70-115 www.espo.com

Someone else might know of other places.

Deb

Or you can check out

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Eaton Spring. I am very happy with mine but they are 2" lower than oem.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Another Eaton Detroit Spring fan, talk to them and they'll hook you up. They'll run about 150 but no problems. I haven't installed mine yet but they look like they'll work. I've just heard alot of good about them so decided to stop screwing with crap no fit ones.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Scott, I know you want nothing but the BEST for her. Detroit Spring.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought heavy duty springs for my 62 Convertible but they were too stiff and I just installed factory rated Detroit springs. The rear end is still too high in the air with the shackles exposed. I didn't think to order them lower. Has anyone used lowering blocks or change the shackles?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called Eaton today to orde the front springs, BUT, they are obsolete!! No longer produced. Anyone know who makes Dearborn's springs?

·
Registered
981 Posts
No longer made? That's nuts, I just got mine directly from the factory this summer, wow, like I said, nuts. They even had them ready to go like nothing, this is for a 64.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
I dont get it, DetroitSprings makes custom springs but they wont make them for a 67 Galaxie? Thats dumb... We got ours from autozone. $74

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Have you checked autozone? I think we had no longer then a 2 week wait IIRC.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On 2006-12-09 16:44, wildosvt01 wrote:
Have you checked autozone? I think we had no longer then a 2 week wait IIRC.
Not yet, I'll check them tomorrow.
Also have an Advance auto parts here.
Macs and Dearborn also have them in stock for $89.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Beware !I ordered set of front coils for my 79 markV lincoln and they make the car look like it's on a rake ,for sure not the right ones. NAPA told me they are the right ones.changed my pinion angle and car has a moan vibration at 45 and 70 mph. the box they came in did not have one number or word on them??waste of time and money.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ordered them from Dearborn. That is where I got the rear springs and they were a perfect height.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts