Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 63 Galaxie back on the road after a four year restoration (interior not started). I upgraded the front drums to discs off a 78 T-Bird and added a Willwood valve. All hardware and lines front and back are NEW, only used the spindals off the donor car.

The front passenger disc is hanging/siezing up. this has happened on both trial drives. Not sure where to start looking since components are new?

Thanks
Kevin/sixty3

Attachments

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
What master cylinder are you using?

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
The conversion was done before or after restoration?

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I upgraded the front drums to discs off a 78 T-Bird and added a Willwood valve. All hardware and lines front and back are NEW, only used the spindals off the donor car.

The front passenger disc is hanging/siezing up. this has happened on both trial drives. Not sure where to start looking since components are new?
I am a$$-u-ming that the conversion has been plumbed correctly, i.e. the correct MC and combination valve. You mentioned Wildwood and I am again assuming this is an adjustable proportioning valve only.

If you have only one front brake hanging, it could be;

1) A pinched steel line and/or collapsed hose not allowing the caliper piston to return due to trapped fluid...

2) The caliper slide (floating caliper) being frozen...

3) Defective caliper internals...

Jack her up, apply the brakes and release, then open the bleeder valve on the offending caliper. If she shoots fluid, you have a fluid return problem. If no fluid is ejected, look for a mechanical fault causing caliper hanging.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts