Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the company that makes the front disc brakes where the rotor can be removed just like the rear brake rotor.

Never having to deal with the front bearing again for me would be a blessing. Bearings, as simple as they are, have never been my friend. Losing my front wheel on the freeway once was the last straw and for me even though I wrecked near a kragen and was back on the road in about an hour after chipping and filing the melted bearing off my spindle. Kragen etc are just a dream where I live now. Any help will do.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Even hat style rotors have bearings on their hubs. Bearings are not the issue, lack of maintenence is. Modern cars have sealed bearings but these generally retrofits don't as they use the original hub and spindle.

http://www.vintagevenom.com/

Here's one kit.

There are some private vendors selling caliper adapters that use late model hat rotors and calipers but you're looking at a wheel change from stock if you do. Vintage venom requires a wheel change too.

Stu

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Thanks 2800R, I couldn't find that link but that was the other "kit" I was referring too! I'm looking at a similar setup on my '67 but I'm going to see if you can use the stock base model SN95 rotors to avoid going to larger wheels. Stu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts